[Albion] Neal Maupay's post-match red card

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Do we know what he said yet though?

Agree it’s wholly unprofessional, but we should get the facts at hand first I think before we start crucifying.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, and we'll probably never know what was said tbh... BUT you don't get sent off after the match for bringing the ref a cuppa and a rich tea biscuit... He's clearly lost his rag, understandably given his form and the agony of the result ... BUT he needs to act like a professional and think before he acts about the impact of a pointless tirade and suspension to go with it.

It's not good, it's just plain bad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That **** Moss gave him nothing all afternoon. That last one when Coady clearly fouled him, which would have given us a free kick in a great position, but Moss of course gave it to Wolves must have been the last straw. And then Coady just sits there laughing.

This.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's a weak argument that it was like Dunk's - Maupay didn't have possession of the ball, or likely to get it, it was further out, there was a second defender covering, and it was more Maupay running into the well placed defender rather than the defender grabbing the shirt and pulling him back. To be honest, I think the free kick was because it also looked like Maupay gave the defender a tap on the head in frustration.

Stop being honest 😉

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m waiting for someone to say that Maupays passion is what makes him the player he is :smile:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Do we know what he said yet though?

Agree it’s wholly unprofessional, but we should get the facts at hand first I think before we start crucifying.

If you're waiting for a transcript, then you are going to wait a long time.
It was a deranged rant. He was out of control, spouting invective at Moss. We don't have to wait for the actual wording to know that it was deemed foul and abusive. The complete lack of discipline should be enough for Potter to have a serious re-think about him.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Whatever the provocation or poor refereeing Maupay getting sent off is wholly unprofessional! No debate required

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, and we'll probably never know what was said tbh... BUT you don't get sent off after the match for bringing the ref a cuppa and a rich tea biscuit... He's clearly lost his rag, understandably given his form and the agony of the result ... BUT he needs to act like a professional and think before he acts about the impact of a pointless tirade and suspension to go with it.

It's not good, it's just plain bad.

Certainly don’t disageee.. but I’ve seen some shocking and bizarre decisions from Moss for quite sometime now, and Maupay looked quite upset there. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility it’s an unjust red. Maupay may not have said anything bad, or was just swearing to himself. Who knows.

Happy to throw the book at him if he’s been out of order, but I’d like to know the facts first and am sure the club management will feel the same.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m waiting for someone to say that Maupays passion is what makes him the player he is :smile:

It might happen, unlike the "the boys need to be more passionate and doesnt even seem to care about losing" comments that would have been made by the very same people now complaining about Maupay not being able to control his emotions after the game.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Maupay was fouled on more than one occasion and got nothing. I get that football is a emotive game and you don't just switch off at the end. I get the ref was useless. I get that he was frustrated and venting.

But I'd be far more minded to forgive the bloke if he'd been showing the same passion banging them in all season. He might run around a lot and work hard but his main job is to score goals and he's showed time and time again a lack of composure in front of goal. What's worse is he's not the only one.

The guy has the same type of issues as Knockeart. The ones that overwhelm composure, focus and efficient expenditure of energy and time with frustration, rashness and, frankly, petty childishness. They are ones that need sorting in the mind and off the pitch. They are the same problems that stop him, just like Knocky, from becoming a top drawer PL striker and instead really only shining in the Championship.

Unless he can be sorted in the summer, I think he should be sold.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Certainly don’t disageee.. but I’ve seen some shocking and bizarre decisions from Moss for quite sometime now, and Maupay looked quite upset there. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility it’s an unjust red. Maupay may not have said anything bad, or was just swearing to himself. Who knows.

Happy to throw the book at him if he’s been out of order, but I’d like to know the facts first and am sure the club management will feel the same.

He's having a personal nightmare right now that's for sure. The Twitter stuff, his form, his clear complete loss of confidence and now this... unjust? we'll see... There is a small chance, however, this break is just was he needs, maybe he can pull himself together... To be honest, I think he would have been 'rested' when we eventually make ourselves safe (ahem) or perhaps others make us safe lol ... Anyway... if he was out of line, he needs to question why and take a step back and look at why he's so frustrated, because it's not lack of service!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Maupay was fouled on more than one occasion and got nothing. I get that football is a emotive game and you don't just switch off at the end. I get the ref was useless. I get that he was frustrated and venting.

But I'd be far more minded to forgive the bloke if he'd been showing the same passion banging them in all season. He might run around a lot and work hard but his main job is to score goals and he's showed time and time again a lack of composure in front of goal. What's worse is he's not the only one.

The guy has the same type of issues as Knockeart. The ones that overwhelm composure, focus and efficient expenditure of energy and time with frustration, rashness and, frankly, petty childishness. They are ones that need sorting in the mind and off the pitch. They are the same problems that stop him, just like Knocky, from becoming a top drawer PL striker and instead really only shining in the Championship.

Unless he can be sorted in the summer, I think he should be sold.

The comparison to Knocky in terms of temperament and failure to reach full potential is spot on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Best thing he's done for months.

Should have gone in 2 footed, studs up, first then delivered his soliloquy standing over him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports