Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay's post-match red card

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
OK, if you think so.

I think most would agree that if someone obviously dishes out abuse, then they'll probably get less sympathy next time they get it

Do you think he gave Jon Moss racist abuse or threatened to kill members of his family ? If so you are right, if not you are being silly

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Time to give Percy Tau a run-out for the remainder of the season shirley? Never be a better time to judge what he can bring to the table at this level

Quite.
We haven't got a clue what Percy can do. Surely, he can't be worse than our petulant and ineffective Frenchman. ( 1 goal in last 16 games )

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
These were 4 huge games for Neal. He had to convince the chance club that we don't need to go and buy another striker.

He won't get that chance now.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Do you think he gave Jon Moss racist abuse or threatened to kill members of his family ? If so you are right, if not you are being silly

Not condoning those sort of comments.

But I reckon what Neal said probably wasn't great.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Unforgivable, trying to explain to my 7 year old son why he was sent off... Neal: be a role model not an absolute idiot.

Personally unless he apologises unreservedly, GP should drop him from sight until he can control himself. We might see Andone on the bench next time out...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So swearing at a ref is permissible is it?

No, but that doesn’t diminish or take away sympathy from Maupay receiving death threats or racist abuse does it ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Too many excuses being made for Maupay on here. Hopefully, there is a substantial fine for him and some extra holiday until we have the misfortune to see him back again next season.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I disagree that he was fouled (and thinking you're fouled does not justify you reacting - in the eyes of the laws of the game anyway; players frequently get booked/sent off for reacting).

But even if he was fouled, the red card Dunk got was for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. The things referees take into account when deciding whether to send someone off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity is how far from goal are they (do other players have a chance to catch up and cover), are there other defenders around who can cover? Did the player have control of the ball? Was the challenging player making a genuine attempt for the ball.

The answers to those questions are different - maupay was further out, there was a covering defender (who was more likely to get the ball). Dunk doesn't make that challenge wolves are one on one with the Sanchez. Maupay beats that one player he has to chase down the ball, hoping to beat the other defender to it, and then get around the defender before he even gets through, and that defender could simply delay Maupay allowing further defenders back to crowd him out and force him back/win back possession for wolves.

They were nothing alike.[/QUOTE

You are going off tangent
My main point is that
Think the majority would say that maupay was the player fouled , and not the other way

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Two completely different and unrelated issues :shrug:

Exactly. So the OP is a bit silly to say because of what happened Neal loses sympathy when he talks about online abuse

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Unforgivable, trying to explain to my 7 year old son why he was sent off... Neal: be a role model not an absolute idiot.

Personally unless he apologises unreservedly, GP should drop him from sight until he can control himself. We might see Andone on the bench next time out...

Do we know what he said yet though?

Agree it’s wholly unprofessional, but we should get the facts at hand first I think before we start crucifying.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dunk's red card was arguably avoidable. Maupay's was just plain stupid. Lightweight TART :rolleyes:

He was persistently fouled in the second half, but got nothing from Moss.
Dunk lost control & made a silly decision. So did Maupay.

Every single one of us has lost it and sworn at someone in our lives, even at work.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Dunk's red card was arguably avoidable. Maupay's was just plain stupid. Lightweight TART :rolleyes:

His own frustration is borne out of his own ineffectiveness. He is only really happy when he comes deep to receive the ball, away from the pressure of the penalty area. His lack of touch and composure is proving a weak link in our side and the manager has to give him an enforced rest away from the side now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
BBC pitchside mics picked up Maupay's words with Moss. And I quote:

'I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries'

If this is anywhere in the same dimension as the truth, he needs to be made captain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here