Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is probably off in the summer. Just 18 months left on the contract and the club wont want to renew or sell, is my guess.

Until then he will be one of the most important players of the team so try to get behind him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have backed him but **** me his finishing was non league tonight

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The injury-time equaliser against Palace seems like a life-time ago

he plays better in a front 2

This seasons scapegoat?

Think you’ll find he was last season and this season’s scapegoat! And to be honest, deservedly so a lot of the time. He has cost us a lot of points.

I just have to remind myself of the Palace goal and celebration at times!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The injury-time equaliser against Palace seems like a life-time ago

he plays better in a front 2

This seasons scapegoat?

He wouldn't be getting pelters if he stopped missing sitters and directly costing us wins. If he did the job he is paid handsomely to do, we would have beaten Norwich and won comfortably today, and he would've had himself a hattrick. This isn't rocket science. He will be rightly criticised if he fails to do his job competently, which is what he is currently doing. If we had any sort of competition up front, he would be on the bench, or finding some form in the stiffs.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Of only the club had shown some ambition and spent twice as much money on Joelinton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He wouldn't be getting pelters if he stopped missing sitters and directly costing us wins. If he did the job he is paid handsomely to do, we would have beaten Norwich and won comfortably today, and he would've had himself a hattrick. This isn't rocket science. He will be rightly criticised if he fails to do his job competently, which is what he is currently doing. If we had any sort of competition up front, he would be on the bench, or finding some form in the stiffs.

I don’t blame Maupay, I blame Bloom. We have defenders that cost more than our strikers. Pay peanuts…. I think Maupay is reasonable but he can’t do it all himself. He had a good start to the season with 4 goals in the first 9 games or whatever and then dropped for 3 games while we experiment with a ‘false 9’.

Not going to do any striker confidence is it ?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don’t blame Maupay, I blame Bloom. We have defenders that cost more than our strikers. Pay peanuts…. I think Maupay is reasonable but he can’t do it all himself. He had a good start to the season with 4 goals in the first 9 games or whatever and then dropped for 3 games while we experiment with a ‘false 9’.

Not going to do any striker confidence is it ?

I am really sorry, but there is no spinning this. If you are a Premier League striker, and consistently miss extremely easy chances, you aren't going to be popular. The guy is out of form - when he is picked, he misses sitters. There is no way to defend that. He is still a lot better than our other two options, which is what is so concerning about all this.

I'd rather Maupay there for his running, with just an acceptance that he'll consistently miss open goals, than Locadia who doesn't even offer that. But if a high work ethic is the only expectation, we could've saved a fortune and got any old football league plodder willing to press for 90 minutes. I imagine Sam Baldock is available for cheap from Derby. He runs a lot.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am really sorry, but there is no spinning this. If you are a Premier League striker, and consistently miss extremely easy chances, you aren't going to be popular. The guy is out of form - when he is picked, he misses sitters. There is no way to defend that. He is still a lot better than our other two options, which is what is so concerning about all this.

I'd rather Maupay there for his running, with just an acceptance that he'll consistently miss open goals, than Locadia who doesn't even offer that. But if a high work ethic is the only expectation, we could've saved a fortune and got any old football league plodder willing to press for 90 minutes. I imagine Sam Baldock is available for cheap from Derby. He runs a lot.

Maupay is on par for what we paid. He has a very similar goals per minute than Ollie Watkins who is being paid roughly double what Maupay is if you believe the press.

Facts are he started the season well - 4 goals in 9 games. Then we dropped him….

Also other teams score goals all over , we don’t. Webster & Dunk should score more. Moder, Biss, Gross should score more. Hi

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I love Maups, I love that other teams hate him but feck me he should have buried those chances. Still we’re a better team with him in the starting 11. How close is Welbeck to being
fit?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maupay is on par for what we paid. He has a very similar goals per minute than Ollie Watkins who is being paid roughly double what Maupay is if you believe the press.

Facts are he started the season well - 4 goals in 9 games. Then we dropped him….

Also other teams score goals all over , we don’t. Webster & Dunk should score more. Moder, Biss, Gross should score more. Hi

He also has started his other seasons well before fading,

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMHO this was the problem with playing that pointless "false 9" bollocks against Newcastle and Villa, should have bought him straight back in after Liverpool before he got rusty.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I thought Potter killed him by taking him off, unless he was injured that was poor man management. We became less dangerous when Maupay went off and Locadia came on, which isn’t really that surprising seeing as DJ is completely shite.

Dec 29, 2011
We're a better side with him in. He pulls defenders towards their goal which gives the space for Trossard and Lamptey to run at the defence and cause issues. It's no coincidence Lamptey had a Stormer tonight, as the defence had to keep track of Maupay. That being said, his finishing was apauling at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here