Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it means that he turned up half way through a thread linking us with a player, in order to link us with that same player in an 'in the know' fashion, and is now claiming credit for the link now we're close to signing him.

Chutzpah might be the word we're looking for

Achh! Putz! is a better anagram.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Nothing wrong with Aldi cereals...

Ok, and I have seen the choco crunch comment as well, I am a basic cereal type of person and I have never found alternative cornflakes, Weetabix or sugar puffs to be anywhere near as good, but I bow to superior knowledge.
BTW I know I have taken the thread away a bit, sorry, but I also really hope we get the Brentford lad, I thought that last season he was good enough to make the step up in the right set up.
Here's hoping we get him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

‘Jack’s’ best tweet is a bit earlier where he is adamant that football finance expert Kieran Maguire (not knowing he’s a Brighton fan by the way) will be able to confirm that Villa’s revenue was higher than ours for the past 2 seasons. Our Kieran then proceeds to show the accounts confirming our revenue was in fact a lot higher than theirs for this time. [emoji23]

And yet he still doesn’t quit after being completely owned on that!

Villa fans really are a different breed, they are totally insufferable this summer. Never thought I’d say this but I think I’d rather they go down than Palace or Southampton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A valid point. I'm really hopeful we get Maupay and he can succeed, but am reminded of CMS.

The best forward in league 1, always looked great in a posh shirt, seemed worth his price tag at the time, steps up to championship and despite fleeting moments generally looked out of his depth.

The jump between 25 goals for Brentford to being effective in the PL is bigger.

A few have done it and he looked fantastic last season, so really hopeful, if we get him..... but equally it's a big jump in class.

Muzza and Lambert were always better footballers and all round forwards than CMS. CMS benefitted in League One from the gung-ho end to end football of Ferguson, and flopped in his two Championship spells for different clubs.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The difference is that if Maupay arrives, he will only have 5 days to integrate before the first match. a) I'm not bad mouthing Hughton, but b) it's something he did do and we all know it. However, my comment was intended to be an ironic observation as you might might tell from the fact I said January rather than September. Are you American?
It really isnt something he did and please can we just comment on the season to come without crapping on the best manager we have had every time for no reason. I dont care how ironic you think it is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok, and I have seen the choco crunch comment as well, I am a basic cereal type of person and I have never found alternative cornflakes, Weetabix or sugar puffs to be anywhere near as good, but I bow to superior knowledge.

Aldi's weetabix are pretty good, slightly better than Sainsbury's.

Tescos are utter filth and not in a good way. :sick:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Bluster?

[tweet]1158100908598857729[/tweet]

[tweet]1158102713613393920[/tweet]

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It really isnt something he did and please can we just comment on the season to come without crapping on the best manager we have had every time for no reason. I dont care how ironic you think it is.

Who has crapped on the best manager? Houghton is nowhere near that status. Worse than many we have had, but with lots of financial backing and still bored us all to tears. Glad to see the back of him personally.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Quite - this place has been unbelievable at times this summer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Who has crapped on the best manager? Houghton is nowhere near that status. Worse than many we have had, but with lots of financial backing and still bored us all to tears. Glad to see the back of him personally.

Really?
Worse than many?

Care to elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

If you're going to name the only manager ever to get Brighton in to the Premier League it's probably an idea to spell his name correctly :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here