Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not an ideal start to his PL career if he delays until deadline day.

He will find it hard to initially break into any team if he has missed all their preseason tactical training.

He's getting poor advice from somewhere.

Oddly the same could be said of 50+ other players who'll soon be arriving in the Premier League.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oddly the same could be said of 50+ other players who'll soon be arriving in the Premier League.
Indeed.

Under 9 1/2 days until the window slams shut.

Most will have the first game just 2 days after that.

Fail to prepare and all that...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed.

Under 9 1/2 days until the window slams shut.

Most will have the first game just 2 days after that.

Fail to prepare and all that...

I'm already really scared that I may well have to apologise to all those pearl clutching swooners, I patronised, who were banging on as if the window had already slammed shut and it was the end of days.

I guess i could just pretend I never posted anything and join in with them now.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Whether he ends up here or at Villa, hardly ideal preperations for Maupay with Brentford not playing him, sending him home from training etc. Has he played ANY of Brentfords friendlies? I'm sure he'll be fit but probably a bit rusty, gotta feel for the lad imho.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm already really scared that I may well have to apologise to all those pearl clutching swooners, I patronised, who were banging on as if the window had already slammed shut and it was the end of days.

I guess i could just pretend I never posted anything and join in with them now.

I think you should stick to your guns despite overwhelming odds stacking up against you. (You could learn some lessons from a couple of posters on another thread :wink:)

And at least we'll have someone to take the piss out of when it doesn't happen

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure why, but I’m still optimistic that we’ll bring in 2 or 3 players before window shuts. At least a right back and 1 more forward, and maybe a last minute big signing from out of the blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you should stick to your guns despite overwhelming odds stacking up against you. (You could learn some lessons from a couple of posters on another thread :wink:)

And at least we'll have someone to take the piss out of when it doesn't happen

I'm just glad I haven't waged war against Murray.
Him starting v Watford and scoring a hat-trick would make some posters look stooopid. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Murray will start v Watford almost nailed on

Wouldn't bet against him scoring either

Seemingly so, depressing isn't it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
not really , has looked sharp pre season and in the new system isn't isolated and pace less of a factor.

Be nice to add another to the options but Glenn wont let anyone down and has proven is prem class.

Oh no you misunderstand 'depressing' is how the cool kidz on the street now describe something that's really fly!

A bit like saying 'shouldn't be anywhere near the first team' is gangsta for 'I hope he plays every week'. :lol:

Nice save Stat.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
not really , has looked sharp pre season and in the new system isn't isolated and pace less of a factor.

Be nice to add another to the options but Glenn wont let anyone down and has proven is prem class.

Needs 15 goals to become our all time top goal scorer, cant see him doing it unless he gets another season after this, but i do think he will get close.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is it us that are playing cat and mouse on this possible deal?... not sure why no bid, just reducing the chance of getting him early enough to prepare (if he comes)...

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Is it us that are playing cat and mouse on this possible deal?... not sure why no bid, just reducing the chance of getting him early enough to prepare (if he comes)...

Do you think we are waiting to see if Dunk goes anywhere? Get a large wedge for him and then spend it on Maupay and maybe others.....and if Dunk goes (which personally I dont think he will)..do we need to replace him or is that Clarke?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
a club who are still relying on a striker who is closing in on 36 years old, and can't possibly go on much longer, but has to because that club have so little behind him that the other summer move is to bring a striker back from a loan spell in The Championship where he was hardly pulling up trees.

BINGO.

How about we play this fella?

Apparently we were going to spooge £20m on him at one point. He has hardly been tested in the Premier League and might really suit Potter’s style of play?

Check him out:

https://youtu.be/ac-Pp3X9CRY

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Apparently we were going to spooge £20m on him at one point. He has hardly been tested in the Premier League and might really suit Potter’s style of play?

I'm strongly in favour of doing that. Saw flashes from him last season that was very encouraging.

My point is that we don't have a long line of strikers that Maupay would be sitting behind trying to get a start. I think we are a perfect fit for him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think we are a perfect fit for him.

He seems to agree.

But, no way would Brentford go into negotiations for a new striker with £20m worth of Maupay loot burning a hole in the bank floor.

‘Ve know u have ze money’ would be the constant retort as they tried a nail a foreigner for under £3m.

Maupay seems to have the gift of RPRT (right place, right time) as well as some pace and the ability to drop deeper, I think he’ll be ours by the weekend.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Given the history between the two chairman, hardly a surprise. I’ll be amazed if we get this one over the line. If they want him I imagine Villa are firmly in the driving seat regardless of what the player would prefer.

Whatever is happening with Maupay Icy - you won’t be finding it out via that Twitter account.
All guesses and made up nonsense.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Check him out:

https://youtu.be/ac-Pp3X9CRY

100% this. Very stop start season for him last year (missing most of pre season). Reckon he's in for a big year this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here