Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Great finish though. All 3 of our goals were superb.

Totally agree, all three were brilliantly taken. So happy we've beaten a team around us and put some space between us and relegation. Tough games coming up but if we keep playing the way we do then we'll pick up points.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Currently giving a very fair and honest interview on Sky including accepting his form has been poor. Let's hope this will boost his and the team's confidence.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I like Maupay - he is not quick but keeps going and is a nuisance. A good job we have him as he looks like giving us another 10 goal season which no one else will.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does an awful lot. Saw people flying off the handle at him for the defender blocking a first time shot :facepalm: The way I see Maupay - he’s a good premier league player who’s good enough on the whole. But not a good premier league ‘striker’ - if you get what I mean.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Does an awful lot. Saw people flying off the handle at him for the defender blocking a first time shot :facepalm: The way I see Maupay - he’s a good premier league player who’s good enough on the whole. But not a good premier league ‘striker’ - if you get what I mean.

I disagree. He doesn't lack the ability whatsoever. It's all confidence with Neal.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great finish tonight.

He does a job for us without doubt and he’s important to us because of a lack of alternatives, but personally I think he’s a weak link technically in an otherwise technically excellent side.

I think Welbeck is a much better player.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014

He's vey good, not great, but as good, if not better, than most of the bottom half teams have.

If we had a 20 goal striker we'd be top 10.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great finish tonight.

He does a job for us without doubt and he’s important to us because of a lack of alternatives, but personally I think he’s a weak link technically in an otherwise technically excellent side.

I think Welbeck is a much better player.

Nail and head.

His play outside the box is a lot better than in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's vey good, not great, but as good, if not better, than most of the bottom half teams have.

If we had a 20 goal striker we'd be top 10.

We’d probably be top 6...

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Turns out the answer was indeed absolutely nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The stats on Maupay tell you everything you need to know , excellent in the championship on a chance to goal ratio, and pretty dismal in the Premier League on the same scale .

We were absolutely correct in signing Neal because he showed great promise , sadly at this level he's not quite the finished article or perhaps never will be .

The step up has caught out many a player so Maupay isn't the first and certainly won't be the last player to find the step a step to far .

I would like to add I hope he actually rams my post straight down my throat and finds that bit extra that's required to turn it around and start taking the gilt edged chances he now misses into goals galore .

Football fans have short memories when a player performs well and very long ones when they underperform, Maupay is a player that divides opinion , I don't know him personally but he seems to get exasperated with himself and takes any criticism very personally, he's just human we all take criticism differently, the line between abuse and constructive criticism is very clear to me but not everyone can tell where the line is .

I hope Neal when he reads NSC today which he will by the way , understands no true Brighton and Hove Albion supporter is actually abusing him , but as fans at times we all get frustrated watching a game and the frustration pours out onto the page .

I doubt and would hope it's not personal and if it is then it's not the players fault it's the person spewing the Mr Angry drivel .

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

The stats on Maupay tell you everything you need to know , excellent in the championship on a chance to goal ratio, and pretty dismal in the Premier League on the same scale .

We were absolutely correct in signing Neal because he showed great promise , sadly at this level he's not quite the finished article or perhaps never will be .

The step up has caught out many a player so Maupay isn't the first and certainly won't be the last player to find the step a step to far .

I would like to add I hope he actually rams my post straight down my throat and finds that bit extra that's required to turn it around and start taking the gilt edged chances he now misses into goals galore .

Football fans have short memories when a player performs well and very long ones when they underperform, Maupay is a player that divides opinion , I don't know him personally but he seems to get exasperated with himself and takes any criticism very personally, he's just human we all take criticism differently, the line between abuse and constructive criticism is very clear to me but not everyone can tell where the line is .

I hope Neal when he reads NSC today which he will by the way , understands no true Brighton and Hove Albion supporter is actually abusing him , but as fans at times we all get frustrated watching a game and the frustration pours out onto the page .

I doubt and would hope it's not personal and if it is then it's not the players fault it's the person spewing the Mr Angry drivel .

I think dismal is a bit extreme, 10 goals in his debut PL season and still on course to get that again.

But I largely agree. It’s a lot of pressure for him to carry the entire burden of goal scoring with our team. I still think there’s space for him in the squad. But we absolutely need alternatives. Competition is obviously good, but as well as that we need a different option up front some times. I would like to see us sign a physical target man type, or someone with blistering pace.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sometimes in football you have to be really harsh despite how much you want to see a player do well, Maupay is simply not good enough for this level if we want to go further as a club, nor are any of our strikers.

That being said our strikers weren’t exactly helped yesterday, we hardly created anything, it’s just our strikers aren’t clinical enough to finish the chances they do get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here