Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
maupy.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
About expected for him in his role in this side isn’t it and pretty much what you can see in the games? Nothing out of the ordinary i’d say.

Lallana interesting - he’s not been getting the credit he deserves for this aspect of his game.

Biss impressive as expected.

Quite.

Re Maupay, I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t near the top, but then although CMS ran around like a headless chicken, he’d probably be near the top as well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I want Maupay to be rested, but will always acknowledge the guy puts a shift in for us every game. My main concern is his confidence in front of goal and lack of threat.

Wonder if possibly he just needs support in this area. Would be good to see us drop Tross for Tau or Zequiri.

If they are good it would be good.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
So, he's running around a lot high up the pitch and winning possession, but the rest of the team is absolutely nowhere near him?

Surely our tactician manager can look to address that issue by pushing the team higher up the pitch to support him, or having Maupay drop deeper so winning back the ball doesn't immediately lead to losing it again anyway because he's all on his own? Or am I misreading the graph?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If they are good it would be good.

Well training is one thing. But we’re not going to find out how they perform in games until they get an opportunity.

Tross clearly does well in training, certainly not in matches lately, when it counts. Give someone else a chance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, he's running around a lot high up the pitch and winning possession, but the rest of the team is absolutely nowhere near him?

Surely our tactician manager can look to address that issue by pushing the team higher up the pitch to support him, or having Maupay drop deeper so winning back the ball doesn't immediately lead to losing it again anyway because he's all on his own? Or am I misreading the graph?

I thought we did take steps to remedy this in the first half against Leicester - Lallana played high up and linked really well with him.

The shame is that Lallana was clearly knackered second half. Was shocked that neither he nor Trossard (who had a dreadful game) were hooked.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I thought we did take steps to remedy this in the first half against Leicester - Lallana played high up and linked really well with him.

The shame is that Lallana was clearly knackered second half. Was shocked that neither he nor Trossard (who had a dreadful game) were hooked.

Lallana first half was about as good as any individual performance for us this season and I agree he looked knackered in the second very early on. But even just having someone supporting Maupay hassling high up the pitch is still just a token effort. Either the whole team is at it, or it isn't really worth doing. Obviously we were worried about Vardy getting in behind us on saturday, which is fine - I wouldn't argue for a high line when playing against someone with his pace and love of scoring at the Amex. But it does make you question how worthwhile it is to have Maupay playing the CMS role if it isn't actually going to lead to anything. Running for the sake of running might appease some fans but if it isn't helping the team then is it worth it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Yeh, I think we've hot upon our default starting striker partnership there.

Lallana clealy has got no more than 60 mins in him though

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Is Maupay gonna be the new Ashley Barnes? His poor goal return being lauded every time he scores 1 goal in too many games?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'll eat humble pie tonight for saying that he should be taken off about 2 minutes before he scored, but let's face it, 1 in 10 is a shocking return so I'm not sure anyone should be acting smug when he finally scored a goal.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I'll eat humble pie tonight for saying that he should be taken off about 2 minutes before he scored, but let's face it, 1 in 10 is a shocking return so I'm not sure anyone should be acting smug when he finally scored a goal.

Great finish though. All 3 of our goals were superb.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Yes it was great he scored but look at the role he played in Welbecks goal. Absolutely superb hold up play.

I have been critical but credit where it’s due.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is Maupay gonna be the new Ashley Barnes? His poor goal return being lauded every time he scores 1 goal in too many games?

Nowhere near as good as Barnes.

Great goal and played a significant part in Welbecks as well....

Hadn’t been particularly good until then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here