Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The one we should of signed, a premier league performer for the same money we spend on a punt.

Agreed but it would have been another punt when we said no to Toney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And should have scored at least another 6-10 easily , needs to have loads of chances to score 1 - not clinical enough

Well we have nobody who has as good a record

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Well if he is going, I'll be sad to see him go. Don't get me wrong he has frustrated the hell out of me at times by missing sitters but he has also saved our arses quite a few times, see above for the most memorable. His on field antics of being a WUM has been great as has his off field stuff such as Arsenal being told they should 'learn humility'. He took a stand against online abuse & never did I ever imagine rooting for a player playing an online Fifa game during lockdown with my son. In my opinion he works his nuts off & he has been great for our team. Yes I'm his agent and you can all claim £5. :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t think it was as much as £20m. Only Webster cost that much I believe.
From AN in The Athletic- The Athletic understands from Italian sauce that the offer is worth around £15 million (€17.6m).

That would represent a small profit on Maupay, who was bought from Brentford three years ago for £14 million.

Ragù alla Bolognese?

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
The one we should of signed, a premier league performer for the same money we spend on a punt.

My understanding was that he wasn’t within our budget constraints. This from an Albion related podcast I heard a while back when somebody gave the same lament.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My understanding was that he wasn’t within our budget constraints. This from an Albion related podcast I heard a while back when somebody gave the same lament.

Even when he was at Peterborough ? I’m not convinced he’s ‘that’ good anyway

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Even when he was at Peterborough ? I’m not convinced he’s ‘that’ good anyway

I think the conversation (from an imperfect memory) was more along the lines of someone feeling “we went to Brentford and came back with the wrong striker” which seemed a bit disrespectful to me, but I heard this a long time ago and may be misremembering.

I’m really hoping Maupay stays. It’s always frustrating to see your strikers miss, but he works hard and scores as many as anyone else in our team. I’d really miss him.

If we get to Jan and he’s not needed then take a lower fee, but we’ve not had our new arrivals tested in anger yet, there’s only 30 players who scored more than Maups in the PL last season, and I’m not sure any of them are available for £15 million or less.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think the conversation (from an imperfect memory) was more along the lines of someone feeling “we went to Brentford and came back with the wrong striker” which seemed a bit disrespectful to me, but I heard this a long time ago and may be misremembering.

I’m really hoping Maupay stays. It’s always frustrating to see your strikers miss, but he works hard and scores as many as anyone else in our team. I’d really miss him.

If we get to Jan and he’s not needed then take a lower fee, but we’ve not had our new arrivals tested in anger yet, there’s only 30 players who scored more than Maups in the PL last season, and I’m not sure any of them are available for £15 million or less.

Wise words many on here need a rethink

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

The question is does the manager see Maupay in his long term plans, I would say not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would understand Maupay wanting new pastures. He was benched at the end of the season when we went on our amazing run. We have brought in what looks like a similar player, Welbeck looks like he’s fixed (fingers crossed) and Neal has gone from being the main man to third or fourth choice.

Makes sense, but I’ll miss him when he goes. Best shitehousery of anyone in the squad and fantastic memories of his Worldy goals to instigate the shitehousery.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
but I’ll miss him when he goes. B.

I won't

Scorer of some great goals I know, but when he has time he fluffs his lines more often than not, or will snatch at chances or shoot when he should pass because he is desperate to score

Hand on heart, how many on here would be confident of him scoring if put through with time to run onto goal? I reckon less than 50%........and that is just not good enough at the level he is playing at in my humble opinion

Sell.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

I won't

Scorer of some great goals I know, but when he has time he fluffs his lines more often than not, or will snatch at chances or shoot when he should pass because he is desperate to score

Hand on heart, how many on here would be confident of him scoring if put through with time to run onto goal? I reckon less than 50%........and that is just not good enough at the level he is playing at in my humble opinion

Sell.

Which strikers score more than 50% of their chances just out of interest ?

Interestingly in the Premier League ‘Big Chances Missed’ stats - Neal Maupay is 41st.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here