Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Solly is his own worst enemy at times, a distinct lack of confidence, it was the same on Saturday, his head goes down, he doesn't look up, he simply doesn't believe that he is going to score.

The miss when he cut in wasn’t great, but when he burst on to the ‘pass of the season’ from Gross, he was literally running too fast, to have great control in his finish. The only Brighton player I’ve seen thrive in that situation was Peter Ward, who would have rounded the goalie.

Solly is playing really well in the main.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Solly is going to start scoring soon. He's consistently getting in good scoring positions now - its only a matter of time before one of those shots that have been going straight at the keeper finds the corner. He will get 5 or 6 this season I reckon.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Solly is going to start scoring soon. He's consistently getting in good scoring positions now - its only a matter of time before one of those shots that have been going straight at the keeper finds the corner. He will get 5 or 6 this season I reckon.

Needs to slot one away, so in future goal scoring situations he can feel a bit calmer and hopefully composed enough to do it again.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

If he actually lifted his head to see where the goal was , or where the goalie is he might actually hit the back of the net

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Maupay not being registered in time for last night means that his debut will probably be in the Merseyside derby on Saturday lunchtime. Do we bet on a last minute winner, a missed penalty, or a sending off for foul and abusive language at the ref?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maupay not being registered in time for last night means that his debut will probably be in the Merseyside derby on Saturday lunchtime. Do we bet on a last minute winner, a missed penalty, or a sending off for foul and abusive language at the ref?

Yes

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

No, but we can bet on a seat on the bench. I'd be very surprised if he is thrown to the wolves in a game like that, so soon after signing.

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This quote from Graham Potter suggests that Neal was a pain in his arse.

"I would say in terms of our relationship as two human beings. I have a lot of respect for Neal, he is a determined character, he knows his own mind, he has got his strong beliefs which is good for a coach because they can test your own," he said.

"You have compromise, you have to respect, you have trust, you have to be honest - all the things that I think are really important for being a coach, you have to be that with Neal."

Sounds very diplomatic to me.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If he's in the team I am going to the local sports bar to watch it with the Scousers. Guaranteed entertainment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here