Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maupay definitely more a finisher of great goals rather than a great finisher. If he could do the latter too, he’d be 20+ a season…and probably not ar our club!

Or - now this will blow your tiny mind.

Or, the club paired Maupay with a 'sniffer'.

Crazy talk I know.

Dec 29, 2011
He said exactly what I typed.

Separating the shit he ignores from the media and fans, from the love he gets from the club.

Imho he’s got a lop sided view of what the fans really think, probably from formerly checking out social media in general. Never representative, a magnet for criticisers.

Well **** it then. He's a professional footballer, he shouldn't gain all his net worth from what he perceives a sub section of the fans think of him. As stated, fans are fickle and most don't know jot about football. I would like to think he ignores it if he's got an ounce of professionalism.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well **** it then. He's a professional footballer, he shouldn't gain all his net worth from what he perceives a sub section of the fans think of him. As stated, fans are fickle and most don't know jot about football. I would like to think he ignores it if he's got an ounce of professionalism.

Listening to it again, I think I misinterpreted Maupay’s words.

He was saying “I don’t listen to the media narrative of the fans”.

Jimmy Grimble

This was the quote:

"I know there has been some criticism of us recently but we don't listen to the narrative. Personally, if the fans and my team-mates are happy with what I bring, as well as goals, to the team on the pitch I am happy.“

Two very different quotes. Might need to edit your first one [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] if possible as it pushes an incorrect narrative.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If I heard correctly on Match of the Day last night he is one goal away from Glenn Murray's record as top Brighton scorer in the Premier :eek:

Apparently that's what he does, and still only 25 :wink:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Well the media can't misrepresent this fan's view.

I thought his goal was sublime. With a mixture of power and precision, he placed it in the one spot the keeper couldn't reach it. If he had put it anywhere else, he wouldn't have scored.

In the BBC report, you can see his stance after his shot. He placed it precisely where he intended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59403687

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If I heard correctly on Match of the Day last night he is one goal away from Glenn Murray's record as top Brighton scorer in the Premier :eek:

Apparently that's what he does, and still only 25 :wink:

Exactly. Hopefully he’ll ignore the media and a few fickle fans and focus on scoring many more Albion goals.

Jimmy Grimble

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To answer the question what does Neal Maupay actually do, well a heck of a lot!

Even when he isn't scoring goals he runs himself into the ground for the cause. Goal apart, he didn't stop working last night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else enjoyed re reading the first few pages on this thread?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

Apart from scoring sublime goals, another thing he does is track back. Against West Ham, I commented that he had tracked back virtually the length of the pitch. In the same game, he scored from an overhead kick in the 89th.minute.

So apart from the brilliant goals, and helping the team out, he also doesn't give up either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

Apart from scoring sublime goals, another thing he does is track back. Against West Ham, I commented that he had tracked back virtually the length of the pitch. In the same game, he scored from an overhead kick in the 89th.minute.

So apart from the brilliant goals, and helping the team out, he also doesn't give up either.

Yeah but other than that what else does he do for the team?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I hold my hand up.

I wasn’t a Maupay fan and one of his bigger critics. He has been exceptional in the last few games and has really stood out in a struggling team.

I’m now at the point where I’m wondering if we can keep him.

Us flaky fans…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here