[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maupay is maturing. He knows he was carrying the team while Welbeck was out, he's just deals with it better now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Needs a new contract asap, preferably yesterday.

He got a new agent a few months ago… will be interesting to see how that plays out

Dec 29, 2011
It was shame when Maupay mentioned in his post match Sky interview:

“I don’t listen to this media narrative, of the fans. At the end of the day, my team-mates, the club is happy …”.

My instinct is that the majority of fans/supporters like and rate him, especially this season. Vital goals, plus he gives us a different dimension in open play, a pacey thorn in defenders sides.

Could he be saying the media misrepresent the fans views? There's not much negatively towards him from most fans.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Could he be saying the media misrepresent the fans views? There's not much negatively towards him from most fans.

Over my years here there has been no-one who has recieved the amount of shit Maupay had to take. Last season everything was apparently his or Dan Burns fault.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Over my years here there has been no-one who has recieved the amount of shit Maupay had to take. Last season everything was apparently his or Dan Burns fault.
Unfortunately it's not a new thing, you should've seen what it was like with Ashley Barnes. Hugely underrated by many of our fans, as he went on to prove after he left.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Can someone please help me with this?

25 attempts on goal, 77% possession and our leading striker has offered up absolutely NOTHING.

Doesn’t find space for chance creation, can’t hold the ball up, first touch lately has been on a par with CMS and he wins nothing in the air.

What does he actually do?

3 goals in the last three games , securing 5 points , more drama than a panto queen ,

whats does n't he do ?

Great response to all those misses - something has clicked i think.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maupay definitely more a finisher of great goals rather than a great finisher. If he could do the latter too, he’d be 20+ a season…and probably not ar our club!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
3 goals in the last three games , securing 5 points , more drama than a panto queen ,

whats does n't he do ?

Great response to all those misses - something has clicked i think.

In the last couple of interviews he has mentioned that there is more to his game than just goals.
GP has clearly been working on his mentality and it is paying dividends.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Maupay definitely more a finisher of great goals rather than a great finisher. If he could do the latter too, he’d be 20+ a season…and probably not ar our club!

Does seem that way doesn't it? The amount of fox in the box chances he fluffs only to then score a worldy in the next game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He said exactly what I typed.

Separating the shit he ignores from the media and fans, from the love he gets from the club.

Imho he’s got a lop sided view of what the fans really think, probably from formerly checking out social media in general. Never representative, a magnet for criticisers.
Surely all pro footballers/managers know the score football fans are fickle creatures always been that way. A hero one week a villain the next calling out fans is never a good thing Hughton used to handle it professionally.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was shame when Maupay mentioned in his post match Sky interview:

“I don’t listen to this media narrative, of the fans. At the end of the day, my team-mates, the club is happy …”.

My instinct is that the majority of fans/supporters like and rate him, especially this season. Vital goals, plus he gives us a different dimension in open play, a pacey thorn in defenders sides.

This was the quote:

"I know there has been some criticism of us recently but we don't listen to the narrative. Personally, if the fans and my team-mates are happy with what I bring, as well as goals, to the team on the pitch I am happy.“

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Does seem that way doesn't it? The amount of fox in the box chances he fluffs only to then score a worldy in the next game.

But what finishes they are, as Albion fans we know we can’t have our cake and eat it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports