Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NCS’s most talented footballer?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Who, on here, has played the furthest up the football pyramid? I imagine there are quite a few former (or current?) County League level ‘ballers posting on here. Anyone ever play any higher than that?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have noticed that whenever we meet up, for every 5 years after our retirement from competitive football we seem to improve by 30-40% so I may come back to you :wink:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I know a poster on here who played for Littlehampton Town and once commanded a transfer fee to Arundel. The fee being a bag of balls.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Butters used to post on here, no?

I was a regular in the Taipei Premier League. I’ll let the rest of you judge that level :wink:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Obvs Leon Light innit.
Well yes. But he is disqualified as sadly he no longer posts. But were he to come back and post his credentials on here (NOT a euphemism, obvs), then he would in all probability scoop the prize*

* there is no prize

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Butters used to post on here, no?

I was a regular in the Taipei Premier League. I’ll let the rest of you judge that level :wink:
Well, if lying on the sofa eating Yum Yums and dictating answers for his wife to post, then yes, I suppose in a way he did.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well my senior football career started at the age of 16 in Div 14 of the Sussex Sunday League. In 5 seasons we'd reached div 8 but then career ending injury struck. Now, I don't even think there are even 8 divisions in the Sunday League. Guessing I'm nowhere near the top for this thread.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Who, on here, has played the furthest up the football pyramid? I imagine there are quite a few former (or current?) County League level ‘ballers posting on here. Anyone ever play any higher than that?
I bet there’s a couple of premier league players on here

I managed u16 county level, once

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Did you ever get any sniff for London Fire Brigade in the Corinthians league ???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There are few things that I can be more certain of than that I would be in the bottom decile.

I scored one goal in my career. I picked the ball up in our half, dribbled it the whole way (past one defender) to the 6 yard box and scored. Only to be given offside. Gutted doesn’t even come close.

Edit: technically, of course, that means I didn’t score a single goal in my career. But I bloody did.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There are few things that I can be more certain of than that I would be in the bottom decile.

I scored one goal in my career. I picked the ball up in our half, dribbled it the whole way (past one defender) to the 6 yard box and scored. Only to be given offside. Gutted doesn’t even come close.

Edit: technically, of course, that means I didn’t score a single goal in my career. But I bloody did.
If you picked the ball up in your own half, what f***ing muppet gave you as offside?!

I’d have been FUMING!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here