Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor slags off Amex support

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe we need to have a section just for those who wish to sing, like we had with H block at withdean, a larger group would be heard further and more fans would sing from other parts of the ground.

When we were in H block at Withdean, you should have read what a lot of posters on Nsc said about them. Goons was the kindest comment of the lot.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
He doesn't say that. He doesn't "slag off" fans. He said in his tweet that in his view "support" has been "poor" by which he means [size of] support.
I would have phrased that differently.
However in comparison to previous seasons at the Amex then this is self evidently true given that season ticket holders have fallen substantially in in the last 2 seasons.

I thought a thread, a few months ago, established that more people actually turn up now and we have less ST no shows.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Maybe we need to have a section just for those who wish to sing, like we had with H block at withdean, a larger group would be heard further and more fans would sing from other parts of the ground.

I thought the club tried to sort this out at the start of this season, not to any great effect.

Having been to away grounds all over the country I would say the Amex is one of the better grounds for noise although I would agree it could and should be louder. Andy Naylor says Turf Moor is better, having been there several times I would 100 % disagree.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The away fans should be next to the Northstand with a gap for obvious reasons
make it a lot more tense and louder I fancy.

This all day long, away fans should be put in lower east stand (north)and south being family stand.

I'm sure there is a way to do it if they really wanted more noise.

Wsu was never going to keep up the noise after the first couple of seasons which is a shame as it was impressive when in full voice. North stand doesn't have the numbers, steep enough and having two singing sections without the middle joining up doesn't help

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I thought a thread, a few months ago, established that more people actually turn up now and we have less ST no shows.

it might well have done but this is just the point that our total season ticket holders peaked in 13/14 declined in 14/15 and further this season.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Remember going to the Goldstone and for years there was only ever noise from the North Stand

The atmosphere at the Amex is pretty typical for most modern all seater stadiums....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There isn't that much space to extend the North Stand further back as there isn't much room between the back row and the roof at the east end.
If you go further back this will only get worse as the beams are slopping that way so they'll soon converge. Increasing the angle of rake would only make the top row and roof meet each other even sooner.
There is also the bit where the arch for East Stand roof is anchored behind that wall which takes up space.
And you'd have to relocate the TV Gantry, Big Screen and TV Studio.

northstand2.jpg

Edit: There could potenially be ingress and egress issues with any increased capacity as well

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not read the whole thread but have read the article and looks like nothing more than a desperate journo (who we all know has been cut out of the 'know') trying to generate a bit of click bait for a increasingly irrelevant newspaper

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not read the whole thread but have read the article and looks like nothing more than a desperate journo (who we all know has been cut out of the 'know') trying to generate a bit of click bait for a increasingly irrelevant newspaper

Naylor, like every other Albion-centric writer (or would-be writer, however LAME) knows damn well that most of the clicking and stirred-up debating will be done off the back of NSC. Which I guess is fair swapsies, seeing as how very few of us will have paid a penny to read the original copy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor, like every other Albion-centric writer (or would-be writer, however LAME) knows damn well that most of the clicking and stirred-up debating will be done off the back of NSC. Which I guess is fair swapsies, seeing as how very few of us will have paid a penny to read the original copy.

Not a lot of clicking going on via NSC in this case though given I will be the first person to share the URL of the column in this entire thread
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...r_Albion_fans_at_the_Amex_to_play_their_part/

portway

Mar 31, 2009
A little ironic this one after all the glib comments
regarding MK's home support. Oh well what goes round comes round!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There isn't that much space to extend the North Stand further back as there isn't much room between the back row and the roof at the east end.
If you go further back this will only get worse as the beams are slopping that way so they'll soon converge. Increasing the angle of rake would only make the top row and roof meet each other even sooner.
There is also the bit where the arch for East Stand roof is anchored behind that wall which takes up space.
And you'd have to relocate the TV Gantry, Big Screen and TV Studio.

View attachment 73219

Edit: There could potenially be ingress and egress issues with any increased capacity as well

There 100% would be.

When someone suggested that the capacity of the North could be increased, during the safe standing debate, the club (Martin Perry?) replied that even if the entire (existing) stand were converted to standing, the capacity would have to remain unchanged, due to limitations imposed by the ingress / egress / number of toilets / etc

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I beg to differ, one the last couple of televised Palace games the whole atmosphere has seemed noticeably louder with wide participation. Could be TV, but seems that way. We, on the other hand, are always limited at home and the away end always seem to be louder and constant.

But at those two Palace games the stewarding was relaxed in the North leaving everybody free to stand and sing
Beginning of last season they became over zealous with the stewarding and killed the NS stone dead sadly

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's alright for him as he gets free tickets home and away and parks next to the ground and gets paid for it !!
Mans a first class cock in my opinion

I'll not have you sit on the fence. Come off it and tell us what you really think about Andy Naylor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here