Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League - Belgium vs England

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mings was nutmegged for the first goal and failed to jump when in the line for the free kick. Failed to close down the opposition all night.

And Dier was turned inside out by Lukaku, school boy stuff, he ended up facing his own goal enabling a fierce strike.

Playing well at the moment in a Spurs team with overseas team-mates, does not equate to being quality for England.

He makes key mistakes every time he plays CB for England.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
All the while the Palace idiot picks players such as Pickford, Mings, Dier, Rice, Mount and Keane I can barely bring myself to watch England.

It would genuinely be better for use to lose 10-0 than win, so that the FA yes man gets the sack and we can get an actual football manager in charge.

Southgate is a PR man, not a manager. And we have plenty of those in positions of power already.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh and I also find it pretty offensive that he picked Maguire when he was in prison, Walker after he broke lockdown to shag some hookers and Grealish, also lockdown breaking but with added "off his face" driving and crashing into several cars.

Southgate not only lacks the tactical ability to be England manager, he's dragged us into the gutter from a moral perspective (a gutter we'd only just about crawled out of after Rooney retired).

It amazes me that some people still seem to be giving him the benefit of the doubt (thickos like ppf aside who just chat the same shite about "getting behind your team" while failing to realise that that is EXACTLY why people like me want the useless chancer out).

It shouldn't be too much to ask for someone to be able to pick a decent squad, pick the best team from that squad, have some sort of plan if that doesn't work and not pick players for the national team who have just been publicly disgraced and/or are horrifically out of form. That's kinda the point of the job.......

:ffsparr::dunce:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
All the while the Palace idiot picks players such as Pickford, Mings, Dier, Rice, Mount and Keane I can barely bring myself to watch England.

It would genuinely be better for use to lose 10-0 than win, so that the FA yes man gets the sack and we can get an actual football manager in charge.

Southgate is a PR man, not a manager. And we have plenty of those in positions of power already.

Oh and I also find it pretty offensive that he picked Maguire when he was in prison, Walker after he broke lockdown to shag some hookers and Grealish, also lockdown breaking but with added "off his face" driving and crashing into several cars.

Southgate not only lacks the tactical ability to be England manager, he's dragged us into the gutter from a moral perspective (a gutter we'd only just about crawled out of after Rooney retired).

It amazes me that some people still seem to be giving him the benefit of the doubt (thickos like ppf aside who just chat the same shite about "getting behind your team" while failing to realise that that is EXACTLY why people like me want the useless chancer out).

It shouldn't be too much to ask for someone to be able to pick a decent squad, pick the best team from that squad, have some sort of plan if that doesn't work and not pick players for the national team who have just been publicly disgraced and/or are horrifically out of form. That's kinda the point of the job.......

:ffsparr::dunce:

Finish him! :eek:

I completely agree.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mings was nutmegged for the first goal and failed to jump when in the line for the free kick. Failed to close down the opposition all night.

Mings never closes down. Every time Villa concede a goal he's standing around two yards off the scorer, just spectating.

No doubt he'll have a stormer against us on Saturday ....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mings never closes down. Every time Villa concede a goal he's standing around two yards off the scorer, just spectating.

No doubt he'll have a stormer against us on Saturday ....

Disagree. Been doing well this season, probably the best English CB since the season started.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
All the time with have a defensive coach with this set of players we will fail.

Need to get as many as our attacking players in, not stick 7 defenders/holding players in

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All the time with have a defensive coach with this set of players we will fail.

Need to get as many as our attacking players in, not stick 7 defenders/holding players in

Jurgen Klopp has even given him the template for success: 4-3-3 with attacking full-backs and the captain - Jordan Henderson - who understands the system.

Klopp doesn't need three centre-backs in order to set his full-backs free and neither should Southgate.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Jurgen Klopp has even given him the template for success: 4-3-3 with attacking full-backs and the captain - Jordan Henderson - who understands the system.

Klopp doesn't need three centre-backs in order to set his full-backs free and neither should Southgate.

Agree, but you're missing one important element in the equation.

Southgate is a clueless prick.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Southgate is too afraid of the flawed CBs to let the shackles off.

We could out score most teams, more chance of success than what we are seeing.

Liverpool is actually a good comparison in another way, the squad reminds me of them before they signed VVD and Alison.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Liverpool is actually a good comparison in another way, the squad reminds me of them before they signed VVD and Alison.

Well he could go some way to fixing that by playing Tarkowski / Dunk and Pope / Henderson instead of Mings / Pickford.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe England/BHAFC could hire the Belgian equivalent of Dan Ashworth. Oh wait, hang on, we already did that. It's totally down to having a superior batch of players at your disposal. Any England/Albion evolution may just as easily have happened without self-serving smooth-talking chancers like DA being inserted into the process

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I think the modern international game has fewer top class defenders who can actually defend, and therefore when your strength is in attack and you have the likes of Sterling, Kane, Rashford, Grealish, Sancho you have to pick those players and back them.

I love Roberto Martinez and would love him to be Brighton manager one day, but I recognise it was his failure to organise a defence that lost him the job at Everton and prevented him from becoming boss at one of the Prem Champions League clubs. Grealish showed Belgian are vulnerable in defence, but to breach that defence it takes a coordinated assault, not a Bond-style solo mission.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tarkowski//Dunk are still flawed defenders.

I agree on Pope

Dunk wouldn't played that suicide pass straight to Belgium 35 yards out that led to Tielemans's goal, he'd be pinging angled passes to Lamptey or longer to Sterling or Grealish.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Dunk has been superb for us, at our level, but he never has been quite good enough for the top level, he'd be found out at International level. Just as Mings, Keane, Maguire regularly are I suppose!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Tarkowski//Dunk are still flawed defenders.

I agree on Pope

Indeed. But they are still both better than Mings / Keane and as good as, if not better than Maguire (especially when his form is appalling and he's STILL getting picked).

There's no magic bullet, but you can at least turn the gun the right way round.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dunk wouldn't played that suicide pass straight to Belgium 35 yards out that led to Tielemans's goal, he'd be pinging angled passes to Lamptey or longer to Sterling or Grealish.

He’s not the quickest, playing with a high line could be an issue.

He should be in/around the squad for sure, however none of the England CBs are at the highest level, not sure that’s controversial thing to say.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Indeed. But they are still both better than Mings / Keane and as good as, if not better than Maguire (especially when his form is appalling and he's STILL getting picked).

There's no magic bullet, but you can at least turn the gun the right way round.

There’s nothing really coming through in the U21s either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here