[Football] Nations League - Belgium vs England

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Currently 4th in the FIFA ranking - I really don't get it

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Belgium so comfortable. Grealish has played well but you'd think his won the game for us. We haven't had a shot on target second half

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Only Grealish can hold his head high tonight. He's given it a fecking good go.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Belgium have done a job on us. A couple of early goals then defend deep, keep shape and keep us at arms length.

Martinez will be delighted

England, like Brighton, need to find a way to turn decent possession into goals. My view is the solution is less about systems, more about finding just a little more pace and accuracy and keeping a clearer head in the final third

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Commentators sucking grealish off too much. He wasn't that good

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Too safe from England chasing the game, only Grealish seemingly capable of having a run at them. We’ll win nothing with the current set up.

:down:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Was just going to post the same. A couple of decent flicks. I’d give him 8.5/10 but the way Redknapp is drooling over him you’d think he’d just scored a hat trick and save 2 penalties

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Currently 4th in the FIFA ranking - I really don't get it

Well we’re currently third in Group A2 of the Nations League - either the FIFA ranking system is flawed or there’s something very wrong with the rest of international football.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Poor really some good spells of possession but our lack of a formation that works, a quality passing CM player that can get the ball into the strikers and some pace to stretch the play. Most of that sits with the repeated failures of Southgate to find a system that works and utilises the talent that in some positions we do have. We don't have the players to win a big tournament we are too weak defensively IMO but we should be QF/SF team capable of beating anyone on our day with the players we currently have available. Not with Southgate despite his decent showing at the WC he's no further forward than he was then and now he has a better squad.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

What?

Give over, be objective..... He was absolutely class tonight, best player on the pitch and the only one who looked like he could do something. His flick over his head that did the Belgium fella up like a kipper was quality.

Grealish playing so well just reinforces what a shit coach Southgate is, he kept ignoring him when just about everybody thought his performances warranted his inclusion, and now Grealish own performances have made him virtually undroppable.

But this squad will never do anything with this failed Middlesbrough manager at the helm . .. he's out of his depth.

Decent players in this squad, crying out for a decent manager.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
England winning a competitive knock out game on foreign soil against decent opposition. Do they ever? Have they ever?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Does anyone actually know what this Nations league is all about? More to the point - does anyone
give a flying ****?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Was just going to post the same. A couple of decent flicks. I’d give him 8.5/10 but the way Redknapp is drooling over him you’d think he’d just scored a hat trick and save 2 penalties

8.5/10 against the top ranked team on the world with most of your team mates being journeyman.

You're not easy to impress.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What?

Give over, be objective..... He was absolutely class tonight, best player on the pitch and the only one who looked like he could do something. His flick over his head that did the Belgium fella up like a kipper was quality.

Grealish playing so well just reinforces what a shit coach Southgate is, he kept ignoring him when just about everybody thought his performances warranted his inclusion, and now Grealish own performances have made him virtually undroppable.

But this squad will never do anything with this failed Middlesbrough manager at the helm . .. he's out of his depth.

Decent players in this squad, crying out for a decent manager.

This.

Some people :mad:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
England winning a competitive knock out game on foreign soil against decent opposition. Do they ever? Have they ever?

Spain in the last Nation's League?

???

Dissapointing result but think there were plenty of positives, it was one of those night where nothing really came off, the Belgian goals showed that, double deflection on the first and never a foul for the second. A front three of Jack, Kane and Sterling/ Rashford really excites me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here