Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League - Belgium vs England

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
ManU and Chelsea saved themselves £90m in 2019. An okay EPL midfielder, what does he actually do that’s so special to justify this hype?

93D23718-4F2B-41EC-A11D-903EBF474688.png

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Opposition slightly higher quality though.

We've been nowhere near as bad as I'm reading on this thread. Not saying it's been brilliant, but I've seen much worse than this against much more ordinary opponents

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I dunno man this is a horrible game of football so far.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We came back and beat Germany from 2-0 down so you never know

Keep the faith

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Gareth Southgate is obviously a nice bloke, but does being a failed Middlesbrough manager qualify him to manage England? I have my doubts..............

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Opposition slightly higher quality though.

We've been nowhere near as bad as I'm reading on this thread. Not saying it's been brilliant, but I've seen much worse than this against much more ordinary opponents

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

(If fit) You put Kane up front, Sterling to his left, Rashford to his right, Grealish behind and you don't pick Pickford just for making some saves against a pub team in Russia 2 years ago and play to your strengths. Calvert-Lewin and Sancho apply tonight in the absence of the others.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
i agree but some of these decisions aren't even hard to make.

There's a number of those out there that shouldn't ever be wearing an England shirt in action, by all means buy one and support the team from the pub (covid permitting)

Listening to your point, what is the best starting XI ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Mings impresses me a lot more than Keane, Dier and Walker at centre back. That’s how bad it’s got in that position.

A monkey could see we aren’t going to comeback with these tactics, Belgium are playing 5 at the back and pressing onto all our attackers as we have no pace in behind, all we’ve got is those shit diagonal balls. It’s so poor tactically it makes me want to claw my own eyes out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why the F**K did Mount take that free kick? We have Trippier and Kane on the pitch?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
What a lot of people seem to not realise, is that England haven't been good for decades. We seem to have this view that we are a top footballing nation, but we simply are not. This is compounded by successive managers playing their favourites and leaving out some much better in form players.

We do pretty well in qualifying tournaments when up against mid range teams, but when faced with proper world class opponents we are shown up for what we are. With the occasional good result (v Belgium recently) the myth that we are world beaters is bolstered. The world cup run looks good if you just look at the final position, but actually we had an easy run to where we got, and the decent teams did not really have any trouble dispatching us.

As soon as we realise we are top half championship and not Prem League top 4, then we will have more realistic expectations of games like tonights

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great stop from Mings

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gareth Southgate is obviously a nice bloke, but does being a failed Middlesbrough manager qualify him to manage England? I have my doubts..............

He got the job because the FA knew him and knew that he wouldn't cause any trouble. He got the press on his side by making sure players were available to them. He picks players based on whether they add to his reputation as a forward-thinking coach who gives youngsters a chance, regardless of whether they are better than the ones he's leaving out. As his record with Middlesbrough suggests, he couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He seldom makes substitutes to change the pattern of play or formation, preferring like-for-like changes.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a lot of people seem to not realise, is that England haven't been good for decades. We seem to have this view that we are a top footballing nation, but we simply are not. This is compounded by successive managers playing their favourites and leaving out some much better in form players.

We do pretty well in qualifying tournaments when up against mid range teams, but when faced with proper world class opponents we are shown up for what we are. With the occasional good result (v Belgium recently) the myth that we are world beaters is bolstered. The world cup run looks good if you just look at the final position, but actually we had an easy run to where we got, and the decent teams did not really have any trouble dispatching us.

As soon as we realise we are top half championship and not Prem League top 4, then we will have more realistic expectations of games like tonights

Total rubbish. This england team are very evenly matched to this Belgium side, particularly without Hazard. We have some of the best young attacking talent in the world and a dinosaur manager who is holding us back, I’d love to see this England team with a manager who gave them some attacking intent and belief.

Kane getting a taste of his own medicine there.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just compare the comparative edge of the box free kicks.

Their’s - mings doesn’t jump, top corner, goal

Us (1) - mount, 6 feet over
Us (2) - trippier, hits mings

That’s the difference in quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here