Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League - Belgium vs England

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Sorry you're wrong Southgate was and is a poor manager. He refuses to pick the best players but prefers to pick his favourites. Dier ffs as example. Walker, Pickford, I could go on.

Pick the best players for the way you want to play. Southgate’s problem is that in no universe are Pickford, Dier Rice, Mings & Mount the best players.

Edit... for his formation

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Waistcoat Wednesday in Moscow in 2018, to ****wit Friday in Prague last year to Shithead Sunday this, Southgate can **** off - and what the actual **** is the point of Jordan Pickford?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry you're wrong Southgate was and is a poor manager. He refuses to pick the best players but prefers to pick his favourites. Dier ffs as example. Walker, Pickford, I could go on.

Decent managers make the hard but necessary decisions eg Lampard and Klopp ditching error strewn goalies, sentiment and loyalty doesn’t come into it, it’s professional football.

GS’s sad obsession with Pickford, who’s derided by his own club’s supporters.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Southgate is just clueless tactically. This system so obviously doesn’t work it’s so obvious to everyone except that clown. We don’t even have two top class centre backs yet he’s got a system with 3 centre halves :lolol:

Absolute muppet :jester:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Jamie C on sky sports sighing every time Dier Attempts a pass. **** me Dier has to be the Carlton Palmer of this current crop of over rated shit

Dier must have photos of Southgate and Jose up to no good. His terrible performances at CDM are only out done by his even worse performances at centre back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Southgate looks like that Gremlin from Harry Potter the ugly big nosed Palace scummy ****

Just when I think NSC is far more grown up than it once was...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Decent managers make the hard but necessary decisions eg Lampard and Klopp ditching error strewn goalies, sentiment and loyalty doesn’t come into it, it’s professional football.

GS’s sad obsession with Pickford, who’s derided by his own club’s supporters.

i agree but some of these decisions aren't even hard to make.

There's a number of those out there that shouldn't ever be wearing an England shirt in action, by all means buy one and support the team from the pub (covid permitting)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Biggest disgrace from a first half by England since Andorra in Barcelona in 2007. **** off Southgate.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Grealish and Kane look reasonable the rest are a bit crap to be honest. Still I suppose it’s only a going through the motions game anyway.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Southgate is just clueless tactically. This system so obviously doesn’t work it’s so obvious to everyone except that clown. We don’t even have two top class centre backs yet he’s got a system with 3 centre halves :lolol:

Absolute muppet :jester:

Sadly whoever he plays there seems to fail. Perhaps we just aren’t good enough to beat these top teams.

Having supporting players playing in the top PL teams doesn’t make us world beaters.

We make mistakes trying to do what top players do.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If Mings had jumped would it have been a brilliant free kick?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Biggest disgrace from a first half by England since Andorra in Barcelona in 2007. **** off Southgate.
Opposition slightly higher quality though.

We've been nowhere near as bad as I'm reading on this thread. Not saying it's been brilliant, but I've seen much worse than this against much more ordinary opponents

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sadly whoever he plays there seems to fail. Perhaps we just aren’t good enough to beat these top teams.

Having supporting players playing in the top PL teams doesn’t make us world beaters.

I would say Belgium are about equally shite tonight.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

I couldn’t care less if they make mistakes I can accept that, what I think is unacceptable is playing a system that doesn’t fit the players you have and then shoehorning players in out of position. It’s just ridiculous. If you don’t have the players to play 3-5-2/3-4-3 why play the system?

A few games ago we had Trippier at LWB, TAA at RWB and Walker at CB, all so he can play this formation. Bizzare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here