Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League - Belgium vs England

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We aren’t playing bad but it’s all a bit ‘Samey’ isn’t it?

Very little pace in team so Belgium defenders aren’t scared of runs in behind so they can step right up
Henderson and Rice are both good players but neither are dynamic enough or great ball carriers
Mount is better playing deeper, done it well for Chelsea this year.
Walker is NOT a CB FFS
Dier tries hard but if he’s one of the best centre halves in England we really are in trouble.

Belgium’s wrekest area is defence, yet we play a negative bus park tactic. Poor management.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Southgate completely out of his depth when he meets a half decent side again. He’s an absolute joke of a manager.

I'd say it's more England playing at their level.

This team is only half what it needs to be elite.

It gets loathsome when folk jump on the manager. Southgate is fine. England are not strong enough and haven't been for years- whoever is in charge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow I don't think I've ever seen a wall look more disinterested.

Not just a wall of football players, I mean all walls.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Done watching. Predicable, boring, slow and wrong team selection. Rubbish all round, Southgate shouldn’t be near this team

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Why Pickford, why Mings, why Walker, why oh why oh why that useless carthorse Dier? No Sancho?
Southgate, do us favour and resign. Utterly clueless.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Or when he’s called “Jordan Pickford”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happens so often. I'm no pundit, but the amount of times I see a free kick being taken and think 'that's a goal if the striker hits it neatly', and then it happens, is uncountable. And it's always the keepers positioning. Practically an open net.

I think Joe Hart against Scotland a few years back was an example. The ball was in the net before it was struck x2.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rice is shit and we need another forward. Crosses coming in no one there. Southgate is like Boris - clueless and out of his depth against a team like Belgium.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I said I was done watching england and I stand by my decision. I'm not saying those that are picked are bad footballers, they're not. I just don't like some of them

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd say it's more England playing at their level.

This team is only half what it needs to be elite.

It gets loathsome when folk jump on the manager. Southgate is fine. England are not strong enough and haven't been for years- whoever is in charge.

Sorry you're wrong Southgate was and is a poor manager. He refuses to pick the best players but prefers to pick his favourites. Dier ffs as example. Walker, Pickford, I could go on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If the NHS gets really under pressure over winter I’d suggest replacing the standard drug tests with the question “is Eric Dier one of the best three England qualified centre backs alive today?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sterling and Kane can take most teams apart.

Grealish floating behind them and we have a decent attack

Sterling is one of the best players on the planet. They do miss him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We won’t win a tournament with our current crop of defenders. WC and EC winners almost always have a brilliant defence.

Mings, Keane and Dier are several levels below Rio, Terry and Campbell, and even they didn’t really get close to international glory.

Don’t believe the hype about Mings and Dier from the likes of Southgate sycophant Henry Winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here