Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League - Belgium vs England

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Southgate has all the attacking talent in the world and chooses 6 defenders. Same old.

ED5447F5-F559-48AA-8741-C7BD73DC2C59.png

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Southgate has all the attacking talent in the world and chooses 6 defenders. Same old.

View attachment 130466
Sorry if I'm being thick but are you categorising Rice as a defender? I'd say he was a DM. This side has decent balance for me, I'd have gone Sancho over Mount though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Belgium XI: Courtois, Alderweireld, Denayer, Vertonghen, Meunier, Witsel, Tielemans, T. Hazard, Mertens, De Bruyne, Lukaku

Subs: Mignolet, Casteels, Mechele, Lukebakio, Foket, Verscharen, Praet, Benteke, Delcroix, Chadli, Batshuayi

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Just confirms why I don't waste my time watching England ! That bench would probably tan us !!
We did beat them at home you know! With these line ups I think we have a chance of getting a win tonight.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
world cup semis
nations league finalists

Oh yeah finalists in the International Intertoto Cup... something to remember.

I expect this game to be pretty dull. England defending - could have abused Alderweireld and Vertonghen turning slow as **** the last few years but Southgate seems more interested in 0-0 - and Belgium attacking against the English bus through the out of form Hazard. Think Belgium will win 1-0 (header from Lukaku), but there is definitely a world where England could score on a counter. 1-0 or 1-1.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Sorry if I'm being thick but are you categorising Rice as a defender? I'd say he was a DM. This side has decent balance for me, I'd have gone Sancho over Mount though.

Those were my thoughts, although Sky Sports has Dier at centre half in what looks like a 3-4-2-1 formation. I think we’ll need to wait until kick-off to properly understand the system.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
—————————Pickford—————————
————-Tripper—-Mings—-Dier—————-
Walker——Henderson——Rice——-Chilwell
——————Grealish———Mount—————-
—————————-Kane——————————

So much attacking talent available to England yet Gareth has only picked 3 decent attacking options.

That front three of Kane, Sterling & Rashford/Sancho is a thing of the past.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, based on my reading of that line up we now think that two of the best centre backs in the country are a right back and a midfielder. We've also taken literally all the pace out of the side. Well done Southgate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At least Grealish gets a start.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Took Kane to score from a header on Betfair this morning at 17.0.
Fingers crossed

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s like looking at a Hughton away team, how are we going to win the game? No pace so no counter attacking. What’s the plan? Set pieces? One thing is for sure this is almost guaranteed to be a boring game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here