Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan to Gillingham?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
On another thread it says that he was made second favourite before he'd been even been mentioned our end. Most of out fans have never heard of him.

I read that - he was actually added to the market sometime yesterday at 8/1 not at 0.02AM today :moo:
He probably got added to the market as some punter requested a quote for him - the bookies no nothing usually.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Why would he go to Gillingham? Any coach that can get Hyypia's team playing like he did deserves a lot better,

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Would be sad to see him go, seems to have a good relationship with the players, can't blame him for turning down a managers job an OK club

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I wonder whether it would really be a good move for Nathan. Here he is becoming part of the furniture and should be on a decent contract. Perhaps much will depend on the terms Gillingham are prepared to give him. It would certainly be a challenge for him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Odds usually mean feck all apart from a few have backed him with like £20. I'm can't see it happening personally...

Dec 29, 2011
For his career it'd be best to go into management. If you're a failed manager you can usually go back to being a coach (or assistant manager) fairly easily. If you're a decent coach it's harder to get into management unless someone 'takes a punt' on you, or you get a lucky break from the club you are coaching.

There isn't much to lose and potentially everything to gain should he be successful at Gillingham.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I was him I'd grab the Gillingham job, I don't see TB ever giving him the job here. Hopefully we'll be in the Premier League by the next time we change manager. For what it's worth I think Nathan would do very well at Gillinghaml.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
According to my Gillingham supporting friend, the Gills are currently putting together a 'package' to enable their identified candidate to leave his existing club. The rumours were Ady Pennock or Nathan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here