Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan to Gillingham?

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Gillingham fan in peace here. Jones is now 2nd favourite for the gills job. Someone on one of our boards is claiming one of your lot knows for a fact he's interested in the job.

I think you guys rate him highly? Would take him or Justin Edinburgh personally.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gillingham fan in peace here. Jones is now 2nd favourite for the gills job. Someone on one of our boards is claiming one of your lot knows for a fact he's interested in the job.

I think you guys rate him highly? Would take him or Justin Edinburgh personally.

So you should. Edinburgh is a cock and you would soon tire of him.
I hope he stays with us. - a good coach with tactical nous and shows commitment (I hesitate to use the "p" word). I could understand why he might move on to be number one though. More than capable.

Oct 25, 2003

bit of a mixed bag...he was a reletively popular player, quite an unpopular assistant manager and a suprisingly popular caretaker manager

i think he's ok and couldnt understand the criticism of him as an assistant. no idea how good he'll be as a manager but he's done a decent stint as a coach

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
bit of a mixed bag...he was a reletively popular player, quite an unpopular assistant manager and a suprisingly popular caretaker manager

i think he's ok and couldnt understand the criticism of him as an assistant. no idea how good he'll be as a manager but he's done a decent stint as a coach
1. Because there's a breed of hyper critical fans who pick on players etc without justification. 2. Because when people like me try and stand up to them I rarely get supported. It's the herding instinct. Cite, Steve Piper, Ian Mellor, Malcolm Poskett, Andy Ritchie, Bremner, etc

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
So you should. Edinburgh is a cock and you would soon tire of him.
I hope he stays with us. - a good coach with tactical nous and shows commitment (I hesitate to use the "p" word). I could understand why he might move on to be number one though. More than capable.

Yes I understand Edinburgh's antics didn't go down well when he visited you with Newport I think?

Billy Davies is understood to have applied as well. :sick:

The Scallywag has said he wants a young, ambitious, progressive manager to make a change from the negative dinosaur tactics of Taylor. (He actually mentioned Poyet's name as an example of the type of coach) so Jones would seem to fit that bill I guess.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I get the feeling Jones is an extremely bright young thing, though it is difficult to call the performance of an assistant manager. He impressed in a short spell as caretaker and our previous manager Oscar Garcia wanted to to take him with him as assistant manager when he left the club in the summer.

Some of our fans are still butthurt by a silly thing Jones did whilst playing for Yeovil over 10 years ago and couldn't forgive him for it. They have been on his back since day one. I reckon you'd be very smart to pick him up, though it definately would be a risk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wouldnt think Scally would take a chance on Jones now as they are too near going out of the league think he may opt for Hessentaler to the end of the season

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

If I was NJ I'd defintiely be interested.

He's certainly divisive, but there's absolutely no reason why he won't make an excellent manager.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Wouldnt think Scally would take a chance on Jones now as they are too near going out of the league think he may opt for Hessentaler to the end of the season

Hessenthaler has said he doesn't want it. His last spell started to tarnish his reputation among the fans so a 3rd spell would be unwise. All hope it doesn't happen, need to move on from Hessenthaler/Taylor old boys brigade and make a fresh start.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But you are near to going non league so need some experience to pull you out of it. I would think Billy Davies is your best bet, he has the contacts to bring in the players you need, short term.

Dec 29, 2011
If he did go, it'd be a good opportunity for the club to use Gillingham as a feeder club. We could send our Dev Squad players off to them, safe in the knowledge they're getting good coaching from Jones.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

You should definately sign up Jones for manager. He'll do well, and hopefully will be our boss one day.

Edinburgh is one of the most obnoxious tools in football, by the way. Perfect for Crystal Palace manager one day, in fact.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here