Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones?

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Like him as we may or may not, he's well respected within the game. I heard a few weeks ago that there was another job waiting for him, when he wants it. I suspect when the new manager is in place, he'll be off.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He's also WELSH and he speaka da lingo. He also looks like the sort of bloke who would grass you up if you had a crafty shit on the dressing room floor.

Which is why no one gave Derby the traditional "Brighton hello" in the first playoff game...jones was probably sneaking about with his weasel face.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Like him as we may or may not, he's well respected within the game. I heard a few weeks ago that there was another job waiting for him, when he wants it. I suspect when the new manager is in place, he'll be off.

You heard ... righty ho

Of course NJ will be off .. the new man will want his own team, something Oscar should have had

100% NJ won't be managing any Football League team ... feel free to bounce

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with Nathan. Comes across as a decent young coach to me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with Nathan. Comes across as a decent young coach to me.

Exactamondo, you forgot very well respected though

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It is a mystery. No sensible reason is ever given for disliking him either.

For me it was was when he was at Yeovil, was very disrespectful to the club and the supporters whenever our paths crossed, a complete weasel.

In addition to this he never comes across very well when interviewed or press conferences.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
He's also WELSH and he speaka da lingo. He also looks like the sort of bloke who would grass you up if you had a crafty shit on the dressing room floor.

Which is why no one gave Derby the traditional "Brighton hello" in the first playoff game...jones was probably sneaking about with his weasel face.

THIS is very funny... Like it a lot!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Sorry,let's have real reasons.

He left a sour taste following his departure as a player with several less than complimentary comments about the club when coming up against us again as a player
He did that thing in the you tube clip on this thread
He clearly wasn't Oscar's choice
He seems to have an over inflated opinion of himself
He has somehow got a large amount of responsibility at our club during a season where we all hoped Garcia would be left to do it his way
He might have the pre-requisite coaching badges (UEFA A etc) but his coaching record hardly smacks of someone with an excellent track record - player coach at Yeovil and then just coach at Charlton during some of the darkest times in their recent history - both from a performance and style perspective

And saving the best until last...

It is no surprise that Obika ended up with us onloan having played under Jones for three seasons in a row on loan at Yeovil and again at Charlton. Anyone that recommends Obika as the answer to a striking problem for an upwardly mobile championship club aiming for promotion clearly doesn't exactly know what he's doing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I do wish the posters on this thread could have attended the Seagulls over Burwash meeting with Jones. Talked really well, cleat knows his stuff & had a Charlton team that were very very highly regarded at youth level. Gave a great representation of himself that night I assure you...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He is - and loves our county & referred to us as 'the Albion' all night when I saw him - the sort of little things that to me show how he's one if us (may sound silly but if you'd heard it you'd understand)

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Obnoxious little weasel
What happened at Yeovil a few seasons ago, says all you want to know about Jones
He needs a slap from Cullip

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Oh My Lord!..................heart attack material that.
Lucky I was sitting down, if it said a season or two to see how it goes it would make you think it a possibility.
As it stated six years it's obviously b******t, nice try.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
he's a weasle apparently and also

That's a good reason why Micky Adams should be where he is, not necessarily NJ. Adams knows he's a dead man walking at this point, blaming everyone but himself, the cocky little gimp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here