Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does he have the same job as CO or Tanno, I would suggest it is Tanno although for legal reasons both him and OG are said to be coaches but are in all but name manager and assistant manager and those brought in by OG are the coaches .

It was, according to wikipedia, Tarrico's first job too. Again, less experience than Jones.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nathan Jones never came across as a deep thinker as a player. Very much doubt he's anymore of a deep thinker as part of the management team. Crap appointment. IMHO, like.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I like Nathan Jones. I used to like him as a player. I used to like the column that he wrote in the Sports Argus. I like the route he has worked to get where he is now. I like that he has a bit of a glint in his eye, a touch of nasty about him. I like that he has seemingly fully subscribed to whatever Oscar is doing to the team.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I personally disliked his use of impatient for JFC, angry at times for Lita and not stepping up about Spanish Dave. I think those should be for the dressing room and not the media, no matter if they were in a statement of how good they played in that particular game or not. The whole thing gave me an uncomfortable feeling of a Jones self-superiority.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He STILL hasnt apologised for his celebration when he was a yeovil player against us. At least Hammond did.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Wow, I think this thread is the birth of NSC's newest scapegoat!

David Burke managed to talk his way out of it with a 10 minute interview so I guess the target has to move somewhere else. This is taking me back to the days of Dean White - all the lies, conjecture, half truths, blind assumptions, name calling etc etc

Whether he's hounded out or not one thing's for sure - It will be a spectacular journey, just sit back and enjoy the madness!

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I personally disliked his use of impatient for JFC, angry at times for Lita and not stepping up about Spanish Dave. I think those should be for the dressing room and not the media, no matter if they were in a statement of how good they played in that particular game or not. The whole thing gave me an uncomfortable feeling of a Jones self-superiority.

Saying things like that, to me, makes for an interesting interview, a move away from the usual platitudes that are spouted in post-match interviews.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wow, I think this thread is the birth of NSC's newest scapegoat!

David Burke managed to talk his way out of it with a 10 minute interview so I guess the target has to move somewhere else. This is taking me back to the days of Dean White - all the lies, conjecture, half truths, blind assumptions, name calling etc etc

Whether he's hounded out or not one thing's for sure - It will be a spectacular journey, just sit back and enjoy the madness!

He's an inexperienced chump dragging us back or something.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

By being honest? I'd rather more people were honest in football as opposed to massaging egos for the sake of the press.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
By being honest? I'd rather more people were honest in football as opposed to massaging egos for the sake of the press.

Why not just not say it the first place. You can be honest, not massage egos and still not call out a character trait of your players for example.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But still no experience at our level so really still a novice. It is like saying a headmaster of a primary school would have sufficient experience to take over as head of a grammar school or similar. Or a manager of a small local shop could take over running a Tesco supermarket.

Technically Gus had no experience of managing (or even assisting) at this level...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why not just not say it the first place. You can be honest, not massage egos and still not call out a character trait of your players for example.

Why not say it? Fans, commentators, analysts will comment on how the player performed. Why not the coach? He's in a very good position to comment. I don't see why something, perceived as a negative, can be so damaging.

If anything, it shows he demands more from players. We've got a lot of players who are automatic selections due to our injury situation.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Why not say it? Fans, commentators, analysts will comment on how the player performed. Why not the coach? He's in a very good position to comment. I don't see why something, perceived as a negative, can be so damaging.

If anything, it shows he demands more from players. We've got a lot of players who are automatic selections due to our injury situation.

I didnt say it was damaging I said it made me feel uncomfortable. The players dont work for us, analysts etc...they work for him and he called out a trait of two of them not called their performance in to question. I would never do that to anyone who worked for me as I see it as bad man managment, but I guess I must be in the minority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here