Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Considering the hassle Hammond got on here last season and that what Jones did was probably far worse, it will be interesting to see how some will react to this.

I'm fortunate to have seen another side to Nathan Jones. Between 2002 and 2006 I visited Uganda a couple of times each year to do some work for a Christian charity. I wrote to Nathan and being a fellow born again Christian he was kind enough to provide some of the funds to make my visits, and the work we did, possible.

It's a shame if a few ill judged antics on the football field make people look upon him differently. Nathan really is a nice guy and I for one am delighted to see him back.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I'm fortunate to have seen another side to Nathan Jones. Between 2002 and 2006 I visited Uganda a couple of times each year to do some work for a Christian charity. I wrote to Nathan and being a fellow born again Christian he was kind enough to provide some of the funds to make my visits, and the work we did, possible.

It's a shame if a few ill judged antics on the football field make people look upon him differently. Nathan really is a nice guy and I for one am delighted to see him back.

Nice to hear and thanks for sharing. I am pleased he is coming back, recently completed his pro-licence and will be good for the development squad i reckon.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Judging by his 'Billy Big Bollox' routine when he played against us, he'd be more suited to be heading the DIV Squad. :annoyed:
Come on now TT, forgive and forget....Jonesie was always a wind up merchant. I'm glad to see him back, he's always held us in high regard. (Has he still got his flat in Brighton?)

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Come on now TT, forgive and forget....Jonesie was always a wind up merchant. I'm glad to see him back, he's always held us in high regard. (Has he still got his flat in Brighton?)

Not sure but if you look at his pics on his twitter timeline he does post pics of his memorable matches which is kinda nice.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Jonesy was always a wind-up merchant. Didn't dislike him, just his headless chicken impersonation used to pee me off.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Either first team coach (Oatway's role) or head DS coach (Luke Williams' role)

If he was taking over the DS I would have thought he would be in Portugal with them. I suppose he could learning from Oscar about his football philosophy but get the feeling he is going to be involved in 1st team matters.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If he was taking over the DS I would have thought he would be in Portugal with them. I suppose he could learning from Oscar about his football philosophy but get the feeling he is going to be involved in 1st team matters.

Yep, thats about right.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yeah strange that. Always thought Nathan was OK.

me too
and once you get used to the idea that most Welshmen love to give it the "Billy Big Bollocks" then its not so bad and he does now have all the credentials

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Will we forgive him for his disgraceful exhibition in front of the Albion fans at Yeovil? Showed us no respect at all!

Think he still has a flat near Withdean and will provide the contact with the past now that Charlie has moved on.

I think the occasion got to him that game. I'm not entirely sure why we were booing him throughout the whole game, no wonder he did what he did. But I've never hated him and never will.....

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think the occasion got to him that game. I'm not entirely sure why we were booing him throughout the whole game, no wonder he did what he did. But I've never hated him and never will.....

Lots of fans have a tendency to verbally abuse ex players, but then they get really upset when it makes the player more determined and reacts to it.

I’m not condoning how the players react but it’s normally six of one and half a dozen of the other, and normally it works against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here