Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones NOT going to Argyle

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He hasn't made any noises but it's an impression that I have. You're criticising him now, for something that hasn't happened.

Nope I'm just saying that I think he has something to prove and I'd be disappointed if he wanted out. It's a fact that he made some howlers and it's a fact that he had some great games. You were the one who suggested that he might want out, I was just responding and explaining that I felt he owed us some loyalty.

Paven

Jun 4, 2015
Stockdale I think made one of the worst Aryle goalkeeping mistakes in history once against Sheffield United, where he rolled the ball out after catching it not realising a SUFC player was behind him - he ran in front, grabbed the ball and passed into an empty net. Good keeper but an absolute howler.

OR it was David Button and I got that completely wrong.

How's Christian Walton these days?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Three year contract, million pound player, I have a sneaky feeling you'll be proved wrong

I think you just quoted 2 of the reasons why I think he will be gone.........A million pound player but not a CH signed million pound player and the fact that he has a few years to go on his contract means he is saleable at a fee which could generate funds to purchase players that CH thinks can take us forward

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When did we start loving nathan????
We generally loved Nathan when he played for us.

Then he was a bit of a goon when he played against us for Yeovil.

Then we loved him a little again after his 2 performances as manager.

But his Yeovil antics will never be forgiven by some.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lets not forget Jones got lucky with his team selection at Fulham.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Nobody really knows how effective Nathan will be as a manager. He has shown himself to be a very good coach but management and all that entails is a step up. He needs to pick the right job to go for.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Nobody really knows how effective Nathan will be as a manager. He has shown himself to be a very good coach but management and all that entails is a step up. He needs to pick the right job to go for.
What's he been coaching then as the football and results have been dog shite???
People will say he got 4 points as temp manager,but that's more than likely because the players lifted themselves after hyypia left as that's what normally happens.

Time will tell,but don't see many players looking up to him as a manager:nono:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

If he has any sense he will go for it if offered it. He must be as frustrated as any of the fans, seeing how far backwards we have gone since moving in to the Amex stadium. Only time will tell if he will make a good manager, but he has every chance. We have let a lot of good players slip through our fingers that have gone on to play in the premiership. Who is say that we may end up doing the same with him. It will also give Hughton the chance to bring in the other guy he had with him at Norwich and complete the jobs for the boys. Call me cynical but we got even worse when they brought Calderwood in. I just hope that Hughton changes his style now that we start with a clean sheet this season with his own players.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If he has any sense he will go for it if offered it. He must be as frustrated as any of the fans, seeing how far backwards we have gone since moving in to the Amex stadium. Only time will tell if he will make a good manager, but he has every chance. We have let a lot of good players slip through our fingers that have gone on to play in the premiership. Who is say that we may end up doing the same with him. It will also give Hughton the chance to bring in the other guy he had with him at Norwich and complete the jobs for the boys. Call me cynical but we got even worse when they brought Calderwood in. I just hope that Hughton changes his style now that we start with a clean sheet this season with his own players.
If Jones leaves it will get even worse than when Calderwood joined. Hughton and Calderwood couldn't inspire a dog to chase a ball.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Out of interest, what exactly did he do at Yeovil to cause such offence?

An ill-timed streak?, inappropriate touchline activities with a turnip? Or was it something mundane like an Ashley Barnes 'returning player celebrates rather too gleefully' type thing?

Certainly looks like he's in with a shout, our Chief Executive was at Yeovil for years so Jones would be on his radar.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Jones backed into evens with BV, SkyBet have just chalked him up at 6s if you're quick/not restricted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here