Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones NOT going to Argyle

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
According to Virgo, Jones is fookin useless and has already reached his ceiling.
He said the guy was a one trick pony who wouldn't amount to anything.

Or words to that effect, in an appalling 'what I would do' hatchet job on the wireless.

With that in mind may I be the first to start

#futurewalesWCwinningmanager.

Yeah but he also said something along the lines of the splendid and totally reliable Stockdale needing to spend less catching fish and more time practising catching crosses so we can't take him seriously can we :wink:

Paven

Jun 4, 2015
We're still unsure of our complete shortlist of 6 as interviews began today, but we believe Graham Coughlan, Brian McDermott and Nathan Jones are definitely on.

The other 3 we're very unsure of, and there's much debate - could be Aidy Boothroyd, Lee Clark and Darren Ferguson though (well that's my guess anyway).

Cheers for your replies.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
His summing up is usually spot on.

I think Warren Aspinall's summing up is spot on but I find Virgo commentating,as if he had played regular Champion's League football, whilst being super critical of players playing at a higher level than he managed for most of his career, somewhat irritating :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We're still unsure of our complete shortlist of 6 as interviews began today, but we believe Graham Coughlan, Brian McDermott and Nathan Jones are definitely on.

The other 3 we're very unsure of, and there's much debate - could be Aidy Boothroyd, Lee Clark and Darren Ferguson though (well that's my guess anyway).

Cheers for your replies.

Bloody hell. Fingers tightly crossed for you that you get one of the first three, then!

If your list is right, you won't be doing all the interviews immediately. Boothroyd is in Toulon with the England U20s, and I think Jones is at St.George's Park.

Paven

Jun 4, 2015
Bloody hell. Fingers tightly crossed for you that you get one of the first three, then!

Ahh yes well that's how we feel!

Second three could be any out of work (or even in work) managers, so Graham Westley could be one, and I imagine Brian Deane could well have something in it. Paul Tisdale was one but the fees to get him would be too great.

Wont be Warnock - too old.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Warren Aspinall's summing up is spot on but I find Virgo commentating,as if he had played regular Champion's League football, whilst being super critical of players playing at a higher level than he managed for most of his career, somewhat irritating :shrug:

Isn't that what most of NSC does?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Isn't that what most of NSC does?

I love it when NSCers do it! I might feel differently if I had to to listen to them droning on through a game! That little spat between Virgo and Stockdale was SO unprofessional and both should have known better.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I love it when NSCers do it! I might feel differently if I had to to listen to them droning on through a game! That little spat between Virgo and Stockdale was SO unprofessional and both should have known better.

Absolutely agree - it was all a bit pathetic.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think whether he gets this job is irrelevant.

If he is on the short list then it means that he is applying for other jobs, which suggests that he wants to leave. Consequently it is only a matter of time before he gets another job.

The comments by Virgo about Stockdale i think are quite irrellevant as well because i have a feeling that Stockdale won't be here at the end of August either. Just a sneeky feeling i have

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think whether he gets this job is irrelevant.

If he is on the short list then it means that he is applying for other jobs, which suggests that he wants to leave. Consequently it is only a matter of time before he gets another job.

The comments by Virgo about Stockdale i think are quite irrellevant as well because i have a feeling that Stockdale won't be here at the end of August either. Just a sneeky feeling i have

Three year contract, million pound player, I have a sneaky feeling you'll be proved wrong

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Sometimes one just isn't enough.

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I hope so, but I get the feeling he's unhappy and wants out.

If that is the case I'd say get shot. He hardly covered himself in glory last year and I was hoping he might feel he had a point to prove, because some of the criticism of him was entirely justified. He had some great games but he also made too many howlers. I'd expect him to show some desire to make amends and prove he is worth what we paid for him, not start making noises about being unhappy and wanting out. He'll be moving down not up if he leaves....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If that is the case I'd say get shot. He hardly covered himself in glory last year and I was hoping he might feel he had a point to prove, because some of the criticism of him was entirely justified. He had some great games but he also made too many howlers. I'd expect him to show some desire to make amends and prove he is worth what we paid for him, not start making noises about being unhappy and wanting out. He'll be moving down not up if he leaves....

He hasn't made any noises but it's an impression that I have. You're criticising him now, for something that hasn't happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here