cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good luck Jonesy
and thanks you did good

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Don't like Luton, don't like Luton Town's fans. Do like Nathan Jones. Bit conflicted by this news - wish him nothing but the best but really don't want Luton doing too well, which I strongly suspect they will with him in charge. What a night that was at Fulham in particular - his passion and energy were vital for us last season. Good luck, Jonesy. I think.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For those that follow the players on Twitter, there are very good tweets from them. Not just the good luck type, but really praising him and thanking him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For those that follow the players on Twitter, there are very good tweets from them. Not just the good luck type, but really praising him and thanking him.

Not surprised. When was the last time we had a coach also involved with the England U21s?

D

Deleted member 2719

Jones IMO was the buffer between players and manager and has had a big input in our progression this season, I am gutted he has gone but totally understand why he has gone. He should have had the job as caretaker to the end of season, I felt his enthusiasm and I wasn't even in his dressing room. Bringing in Calderwood was another smack around the chops for Jones. It was just a matter of time.
Good luck to Nathan.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Best of luck Nathan

I have suspected for some time that the ambitions of Nathan would finally outgrow the 'future managers waiting room' that he occupied at the Albion

Passionate player and coach, he's sure to do well at Luton...and beyond.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Thank you Nathan your commitment passion and drive our loss and Lutons gain I hope you have a sparklingly managerial career good luck

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Here he is, Jonesey, I've just seen it mate. I thought you we're bigger than that mate.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Caldi for first team playing coach would be brilliant
More likely to sign as a player for Jones in the summer, I reckon ( before returning to the albion in a couple of years time ).

PreSeason friendly v Luton as well perhaps.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I met him at Sarah Watts' funeral and had a chat with him afterwards. Top bloke and I'm very sorry to see him go, but he couldn't really turn down a chance like that, could he? It will also be good experience for him and maybe we will see him back with us once again. I'd be delighted if that were the case. That Fulham game was one of my favourite ever following the Albion and probably the turning point last season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well I don't like him and im glad he's gone.
No way will he make the grade as a manager.

Now I know you've gone on record as saying that, I am sure he will do well!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Jones IMO was the buffer between players and manager and has had a big input in our progression this season, I am gutted he has gone but totally understand why he has gone. He should have had the job as caretaker to the end of season, I felt his enthusiasm and I wasn't even in his dressing room. Bringing in Calderwood was another smack around the chops for Jones. It was just a matter of time.
Good luck to Nathan.

I was involved in an exchange of views on here recently that there didn't seem to be any egos in evidence in the Hughton, Calderwood Jones triumvirate. That seems to be borne out by CH's comments today. Rather than Calderwood's arrival being a slap in the face, I would see it as potentially another contributor to his development. If you have somebody ambitious, in whatever field, and you can help develop them, they will do you possibly more good in one or two years than they might in 5 years with their ambition being stifled.

So thanks, Nathan, and Good Luck. My mother's family were life long Luton supporters, so I will watch his progress with interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports