Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones leaves Albion to become Luton manager

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would be surprised if he went there tbh... I think he wants to be Albion manager in the coming years...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would be surprised if he went there tbh... I think he wants to be Albion manager in the coming years...

Maybe to be manager at the Albion, he needs to go somewhere else to get some practice first. After all being a number 2, or 3 as he is at the moment, isn't the same thing as actually having the responsiblity of managing a sid in your own right..

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Experience in the big chair, barring the brief spell here, could only help fulfill that ambition surely?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If he really does get offered the role he would be stupid in my opinion to turn it down.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Will be very sad to see him go. I think he will be a very good manager.

I also believe he has been behind a lot of the good stuff that has happened at the club, on and off the pitch.

Would wish him well though, he deserves a manager position now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would be a big loss to us especially with his Spanish language skills to boot. A tempting set up though a club back on the up and leagues he has experience with,
Wish him all the best if it's true. Ref the Spanish skills and the gap it leaves, if only we had a committed, intelligent Spanish speaking player in the club that everyone loves who is not far off being ready to move into a coaching role......

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wish him all the best if it's true. Ref the Spanish skills and the gap it leaves, if only we had a committed, intelligent Spanish speaking player in the club that everyone loves who is not far off being ready to move into a coaching role......

Yeah, I can't think of anyone who could fulfil that role, can you?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

To get quoted first for the Plymouth job and then this one at Luton, he must be applying for them. That means CH probably knows he is applying or them and he probably told Chris he is applying for other jobs so the guy is obviously ambitious to go out on his own.

Ive met him and he is a really likeable guy so if he gets the job I really hope he does well

Ideally with a degree in Sport Psychology.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yeah, I can't think of anyone who could fulfil that role, can you?

Hang on a minute now I'm not so gloomy. This could work well now. Time to start the #CaldersIn campaign

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Paul Trollope is at Cardiff now otherwise he'd have been the obvious replacement.
Luton announced plans for a new ground just before xmas, think it's quite a way off though.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Its amazing, before the Fulham away game last year a lot of Albion fans were asking what he contributed to the cause, now he can do no wrong!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To get quoted first for the Plymouth job and then this one at Luton, he must be applying for them. That means CH probably knows he is applying or them and he probably told Chris he is applying for other jobs so the guy is obviously ambitious to go out on his own.

Ive met him and he is a really likeable guy so if he gets the job I really hope he does well

Yeh he's a top bloke... Not sure he applied for the Plymouth job tbh - wasn't interested from what I understood - hence I'd be surprised if he went Luton.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really hope that if Nathan DOES go then Hughton brings in an offensive coach who can help the strikers.

Hughton, Calderwood and Jones were all defenders and we know Hughton's natural tendency is caution. Since losing Ulloa ALL of our strikers have struggled with the exception of Bobby.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Tell your DULLARD mate to go to Luton and we KEEP Jones

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Paul Trollope is at Cardiff now otherwise he'd have been the obvious replacement.
Luton announced plans for a new ground just before xmas, think it's quite a way off though.

Paul Trollope was being touted when Chris Hughton was named as the new Albion manager last year. The job went to Colin Calderwood, and I certainly can't see Trollope agreeing to be a number three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here