Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nathan Jones in Barcelona

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Scouting? What for? You've got Foster-Caskey. Where is Solly March? Where's Dunk!!!, arguably your best defender!!!. Sent off against Palace and that's it?? Where are the Academy players?. More like the coaching of a former Zaragoza player... Stop getting players on loan or signing new ones. And start bringing up players from the Academy which never give up and will run the 96 minutes. They will give everything for the team. Let's start playing some intelligent football. The one that's played with the heart.

Bit early to be pissed, isn't it?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You speak in the style of a Palace Dunce :lolol:

He can't be Palace, because they only have one player who has come through the academy in their first team squad and he has only played three league games this season.
Where as we have played this season, Forster- Caskey, March, Ince, Dunk, Barker and El Abd who have come through our youth squad.
So he would be embarrassing himself if he is Palace scum.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I feel from many of your posts, that you really are convinced that we are preparing for a real assault in January window. I do hope you are right.

tbh I hope so too :thumbsup: I just keep persuading myself that this is the way I would go about things because realistically it would take Oscar until Christmas to really understand what he has got and what he needs. I could be wrong but this is how I make sense of it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Probably to find out why an ex-Barca coach ends up getting his team to play so much hoofball.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Well since the first team won't be playing as it's the international break, and assuming that he has gone there for a scouting mission he must be looking at one of the Barca B players (or a Deportivo player). Or he's going to wait till he gets back and kidnap Neymar !

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Scouting? What for? You've got Foster-Caskey. Where is Solly March? Where's Dunk!!!, arguably your best defender!!!. Sent off against Palace and that's it?? Where are the Academy players?. More like the coaching of a former Zaragoza player... Stop getting players on loan or signing new ones. And start bringing up players from the Academy which never give up and will run the 96 minutes. They will give everything for the team. Let's start playing some intelligent football. The one that's played with the heart.

Que?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He can't be Palace, because they only have one player who has come through the academy in their first team squad and he has only played three league games this season.
Where as we have played this season, Forster- Caskey, March, Ince, Dunk, Barker and El Abd who have come through our youth squad.
So he would be embarrassing himself if he is Palace scum.

Just to be pedantic, Ince didn't come through our youth squad. He was with Chelsea from the age of 7, before being released as a 20-year-old and signing for us in February.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just to be pedantic, Ince didn't come through our youth squad. He was with Chelsea from the age of 7, before being released as a 20-year-old and signing for us in February.
Excellent. North Stand Chat needs more pedanticism.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

You're a little strange, aren't you?

06-02-2013, 14:06 #37
bernardo's Avatar Join Date
Nov 2012
From my point of view:

The Albion doesn't need to buy any more for at least three years.

Dunk is probably the best player at the Albion and definitely my favourite. I've only gone to the Amex once, but after twenty minutes you knew it about number 5. And it happens to be the only Brightonian alongside Hammond.

The Albion's DS, having finished third in their division, they have the best defending record of all the DS divisions in the whole country, better even than United's or Liverpool's. They are the only team who's conceded less than ten goals.

The seagulls already have the team. All you need to do is start bringing players up from the DS squad. Let them learn from the good players you already have. What was wrong with Dobbie. He almost got the seagulls six points singlehandlely against Peterborough ( having played two minutes) and Wolves ( taking the penalty in the last minute ). Mackail-Smith is an amazing player. You don't get the supporters writing you a song if you are average...

Individual skills: I've seen more at Brighton seafront, Preston park, etc...in these thirteen years here than in Madrid or the Spanish footbal on telly. The other thing is the technique, to learn to apply those skills on the pitch for your team ( i.e. Stephen Gerrard, Lampard ), and that comes with the experience.

There's enough talent in streets of this city to be playing in Europe every year.

The Albion has the coach, the players and more importanly, the supporters.

Start building a Team for the City of Brighton and Hove.

Here is a video of Luis Aragonés, the coach that rescue the Spanish national team in 2008 giving them their first title for almost 50 years. This is his speech for the Atletico players 20 minutes before their 1992 King´s Cup final against real at the Bernabeu.

After placing the blackboard in the dressing room and drawing all the tactics and individual and collective movents for their own team and the opponents, he asked: "Have you understood?...are you sure?...really?...because you know what?...this...( banging on the blackboard )...this counts for nothing! What counts is that I'm up to my balls of losing against this team, and in this stadium...What counts is that you are Atletico de Madrid and that there are 50.000 on the stands that are going to die for you...We have to die for them, for your shirt and for your dignity. We have to get out there and say on the pitch that there's only one champion and they are wearing a red and white shirt". And so tells Bernd Schuster and ex-Barcelona and real player, that he never went on to a football pitch more ardent and convinced of a sure victory.

Real Madrid - Atletico de Madrid Final de copa 1992 - Homenaje a Luis Aragonés - YouTube

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here