Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Elder Injury

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hopefully Elder will make a return to football when the injury has healed. I presume that if any permanent injury occurs he will be able to make a claim on medical insurance.

D

Deleted member 2719

Poor lad these sort of injuries can easily happen.
I once got butted on the cheek bone - while i was nodding the ball out for a throw in this guy was running flat out at the ball and his timing was out, i had already made contact to put the ball out of play and he hit me with his full momentum just below the eye socket and i couldn't get any feeling in my face for what seemed weeks apparently i had severely bruised a nerve and my whole face on that side felt like it was paralysed and i remember thinking that i hope this is not permanent, fortunately i was okay.

Hope he recovers quickly.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ouch !! i have had that exact same injury and have a metal orbital plate in the left eye socket which took nine hours of surgery to put in , i never lost any sight though and had vision as soon as the patch came off......poor fella will be feeling pretty down no doubt , hope he makes a full recovery.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ouch.

One of the Girls in our Personnel dept used to date him, he has a kid apparently and is pretty useless at everything except football so will struggle if his career is ended by this.

fingers crossed for the lad.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Having seen the incident on TV, it looked pretty much like anything you see 10 times in a game, so I guess he was a little unlucky. Sounds like it may be a while before they know the extent of the injury and the possibilities of healing. Anyway, best of luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here