Nathan Elder Injury

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I read about this on their website last night, horrible injury from the sounds of it. But he'll be back, he's a big bloke, he'll recover. :p

Hills

Feb 2, 2009
Nathan Elder

Just seen on sky sports that Nathan Elder has been left blind in one eye following an aerial challenge during Brentfords game with Rotheram at the weekend.

Really hope it is isn't permanent damage, always struck me as an honest player. Get well soon.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Will he still have an eye for goal?

Hills

Feb 2, 2009
You just got there before me! Just looked at the article on sky sports, they suspect he will be without vision in the eye for several months.

Although they can't rule out permanent damage. Very sad!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
"Nathan took the full impact of the challenge on his eyeball and he has no vision in his left eye and is unlikely to have vision for several months."

At least it sounds as if he can recover !! Awful injury though "X-rays showed that Nathan had a double fracture of the cheekbone, a fractured eye socket, severe trauma to the eyeball and extensive bleeding in and around the eye,"

Sky Sports | Football News | League 2 | Brentford | Scott - Elder has no vision

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Get well soon - I always really liked him when he was here.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Never had anything against the bloke, nice to see him scoring goals. Hope he gets his vision back soon.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Having experienced the loss of an eye I know how he will be feeling.

I see from the Brentford site they are saying it was caused by an elbow and they will be taking the issue further.

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
i thought he was a good player when he was here, get well soon

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That's horrific. God, I hope he makes a full recovery, it all seemed to be going well for him at Brentford.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Just seen the challenge on SSN. IMO the Rotherham player leads with the elbow, but RU are claiming it's a fair challenge.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Eye has very good capabilities of healing. The Eye inafct is the best part of the body at healing itself unless the integirty of the Eye is damaged beyongd repair. With Nathan is look bad. 50/50 but I reckon he will get his eyesight back or most of it in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports