Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Narrowing down the search

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Press releases like this are all part and parcel of the process. The PR band wagon is in full swing at the club and talks have already taken place with the candidates, even though Sherwood claims differently. This is just procedure designed to keep the fans updated so that they aren't accused of keeping us all in the dark. Believe me, several people have met with the club, Clement will be appointed and it will be mid June. The CL final is now out of the way and the guy needs a break before the next project...

If you are right and Clement is going to be appointed - why come out with a blatant lie that they are meeting candidates, why not just say we will be making a decision in the next two weeks, If what you are saying is true then we can't ever believe a press statement from the club again.

And unless your source is TB or Paul Barber how do you know your source hasn't been fed a line to keep people like you (and us) in the dark till they do make a decision because if they can release a false statement to us they could easily be doing the same to anyone.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Your source must be impeccable. Not only does he know about Clement's upcoming unveiling but he also knows about his thoughts on press intrusion and also his family's holiday plans.

I'm impressed!!

My source is impeccable, but that is common sense, not insider knwoledge

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
My source is impeccable, but that is common sense, not insider knwoledge

I would have thought Paul Clement would be more likely to be getting enquiries from managerless clubs over the next weeks rather than journo's because he's taken the Brighton job - they are more likely to disturb his holiday than the paparazzi of the Argus & Leader - mind you HB & B might be a nuisance !

Perhaps your source has sexed up the info?

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
If you are right and Clement is going to be appointed - why come out with a blatant lie that they are meeting candidates, why not just say we will be making a decision in the next two weeks, If what you are saying is true then we can't ever believe a press statement from the club again.

And unless your source is TB or Paul Barber how do you know your source hasn't been fed a line to keep people like you (and us) in the dark till they do make a decision because if they can release a false statement to us they could easily be doing the same to anyone.

I wouldn't say it was the club lying, i'd say it's more of a strategic delay in transmitting information. My source has never let me down before so i have no reason to doubt, thats good enough for me but as is the beauty of a forum, everything is up for debate and scrutinisation. Only time will tell really...

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I wouldn't say it was the club lying, i'd say it's more of a strategic delay in transmitting information. My source has never let me down before so i have no reason to doubt, thats good enough for me but as is the beauty of a forum, everything is up for debate and scrutinisation. Only time will tell really...

Saying they are about to meet candidates if they have already chosen the manager is simply a mistruth - Bit like your girlfriend going to Shagaluf with her mates and saying she was only going to see the Church there.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Wassup cuntchops?

Better to be talked about than not I suppose.

Ha ha! I knew it wouldn't be long before my stalker turned up to prove me right.:kiss:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ha ha! I knew it wouldn't be long before my stalker turned up to prove me right.:kiss:

If you mouth off at someone, don't expect it to go unnoticed.
Seem to remember you being rather quick off the mark when I challenged you.
All's fair in love and war and all that. :banana:

Taken more of an exception to this TOWIE bloke calling me a liar.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If you mouth off at someone, don't expect it to go unnoticed.
Seem to remember you being rather quick off the mark when I challenged you.
All's fair in love and war and all that. :banana:

Taken more of an exception to this TOWIE bloke calling me a liar.

You just can't stop following me can you?I knew it was a mistake to mention you. Look, I really like you ok, and maybe if things were different something really special could have happened between us. But I'm a married man and you really are going to have to leave me alone now, it isn't healthy for you.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Short list - no one over 5' 6" allowed. Expect Brian Flynn or Billy Bremner.

Is Billy Bremner still alive?

Is Brian Flynn? ???

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You said the club met clement or someone else.

Specific.
I said they've had contact with Clement. Which they have.
I also quoted other people saying that they'd talked to Sherwood and Hughton.
Care to retract? Or just carry on with the inaccurate insults?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The interesting word for me is "foreign". All the names that have been mentioned - Hughton, Sherwood, Clement, Lennon, Mowbray, Mackay, Clarke, Howe etc are British (unless London-born Hughton is being called foreign). That implies that a Zola, Di Matteo - or even Rangnick is possibly on the shortlist

Have you not been on NSC lately? Rangnick has been mentioned on more than one occasion, and even Di Sousa. What about Laudrup?

I don't think there is any point trying to read between the lines in that statement as there is only space between the lines!!!!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Only person on here that may have the slightest of clue is Bozza, everything else sounds like guess work.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Specific.
I said they've had contact with Clement. Which they have.
I also quoted other people saying that they'd talked to Sherwood and Hughton.
Care to retract? Or just carry on with the inaccurate insults?

Pardon my ignorance but how do you know specifically that they have had contact with Clement?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Have you not been on NSC lately? Rangnick has been mentioned on more than one occasion, and even Di Sousa. What about Laudrup?

I wasn't talking about NSC as that's not rooted in any form of reality - there were people talking about Simeone coming here, so being mentioned here really doesn't count.

I meant that no foreign managers were featuring heavily in the betting odds nor in the press speculation. According to Oddschecker, the highest non-British candidate is Meulensteen

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
i reckon one of them might be Tony Mowbray but i hope i am wrong

Do you have "I hope I'm wrong" as a signature in your emails?
"Boss, about to sign this contract that'll make us a profit of a billion. I hope I'm wrong"
"I'm gonna chat up that fit bird over there, but I suspect she's a bloke. I hope I'm wrong"...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here