Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napoli FC want to buy Crystal Palace.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Can CPFC2010 mange the change from £5 after they've cleared all the debts?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I've been to Napoli and Croydon. I know where I'd rather be.

1268589849_pid_naples-italy.jpg

Doesn't actually look that inviting. Napoli is a very troubled area. I'd rather live in Brighton Marina.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Doesn't actually look that inviting. Napoli is a very troubled area. I'd rather live in Brighton Marina.

I've been twice and never felt threatened but then I am a scruffy ******* who can't afford a Rolex.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Never have so few been laughed at by so many.

Not quite true. Having been laughed off the BBS with your tail between your legs, you sought the solace of your 'own' message board, only to be derided and rejected once more.

Poor phallus, consigned to wander the plains forever more, the runt of the litter that no one wants.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not quite true. Having been laughed off the BBS with your tail between your legs, you sought the solace of your 'own' message board, only to be derided and rejected once more.

Poor phallus, consigned to wander the plains forever more, the runt of the litter that no one wants.

He may be a runt, but he's our runt. We're very inclusive here. We even welcome Palace fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Once again, Brighton is town where fetishistic behaviour is not frowned upon :)

I'm losing this one, aren't I? ???

Talking of which, more lazy Croydon slurs on this thread. Most Palace fans don't even live in CR0/SE25, so it's doubtful any potential signings would do so.

The inside scoop is that our owners have had no direct contact with the Italians, and aren't too impressed that they appear to be conducting business through Talksport.

It's an interesting one though - I said on the BBS that our owners have stated they would only sell the club to someone who had the club's best interests at heart. But how do you define the club's best interests? Even if you can, how do you determine if that person is sincere?

On the subject of the loan players, my major gripe is that they're not classed as loans at all. The Watford owners effectively use their three clubs as one big squad, and move the players around on 'permanent' contracts like chess pieces. Which is all very clever, but somewhat impure from a competitive aspect when there is a chance, however small, that the clubs could meet in competition. For instance, it's abundantly clear that the same people own all three clubs, but each has been given a nominal separate owner to escape legal censure.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
On the subject of the loan players, my major gripe is that they're not classed as loans at all. The Watford owners effectively use their three clubs as one big squad, and move the players around on 'permanent' contracts like chess pieces. Which is all very clever, but somewhat impure from a competitive aspect when there is a chance, however small, that the clubs could meet in competition. For instance, it's abundantly clear that the same people own all three clubs, but each has been given a nominal separate owner to escape legal censure.

As a Palace fan moaning about loan deals, may I suggest that you are reminded that the three key players in the last season were...

Wilfried Zaha - A Manchester United player
Kevin Philiips - A Blackpool Player
Stephen Dobbie - A Brighton Player

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
As a Palace fan moaning about loan deals, may I suggest that you are reminded that the three key players in the last season were...

I'm not moaning about loan deals. I'm moaning about multiple clubs who should operate as separate entities in the interests of fair competition instead pooling their resources. To make the distinction clearer for you, let's take a completely hypothetical situation where Brighton are battling it out for 1st place in January. Real Madrid, 25 points clear in La Liga, have bought your closest rivals and so 'permanently transfer' 11 top quality players on free contracts who spur that team on to the title.

Loans are subject to restrictions, and have to be undertaken at the going rate. This other scenario does not.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

I think the main difference with Watford's loans was that they were all free. Rather than us and yourselves paying a loan fee and wages for the players.

Talking of which, more lazy Croydon slurs on this thread. Most Palace fans don't even live in CR0/SE25, so it's doubtful any potential signings would do so.

You don't even live in this country you sad sap. How Do you keep in touch with your beloved Palace ? :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here