Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napoli FC want to buy Crystal Palace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your cheeky little 'story' falls down from the off due to the fact that no one in Italy would have ever heard of Crystal Palace FC.
Where's Attilio Lombardo these days?

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Aren't there new rules next season to prevent this sort of thing?

I though the foreign loan loophole was closed now?

There is a FL meeting during the off season to propose a rule change that closes the loophole on international loans not being counted in with the domestic loans and the number of loanees that can appear in the matchday squad and also on the pitch at the same time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From BBC Sport website

Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis says he wants to buy an English club and install Edoardo Reja as manager in a similar arrangement to Udinese's relationship with Championship side Watford.

Looks like Holloway is out then.

#TaxiForGollum :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm sure this is just another dimension to the Neapolitan custom of dealing with "troublemakers". Option one - you sleep with the fishes. Option two - you get sent to Croydon.

99% going for option 1 ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Just paper talk, but we are an attractive proposition.
No debt, own our ground, potential to be a solid premier team.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Not entirely true.
There have been strong rumours for the last few days that Napoli's owner want to buy a championship club, to do a similar thing to the Pozzo's at Udinese/Granada and Watford.

Fair few articles about.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/championship-napoli-president-eyes-palace-deal-193753201.html

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...relio-De-Laurentiis-wants-to-buy-English-club

Oh, and they appear to want ex Lazio boss Edy Reja to take over.

time to lump on Holloway as next manager

Palace man

Jan 31, 2013
Personally, my fingers are crossed that this is just paper talk. Although Edy Reja has a decent record, I'm happy with CPFC2010 and Holloway. We are a proper club with proper fans! Not just a "feeder" club for an Italian CL side...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
but rule change may not apply to the prem?

I don't think it applies to the Premier League but each club in the Prem has to have a minimum quota of 8 home grown players in the 25 player squad. If Napoli wanted to buy Palace they would wait until they were relegated to get the club at a lesser asking price.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just paper talk, but we are an attractive proposition.
No debt, own our ground, potential to be a solid premier team.

Looks good for CPFC2010 if you think about it , a year in the Premier League and then the opportunity to cash in their investment and go back to being ordinary fans.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Why not just wait til this time next year and get them at half the price?

Isn't Napoli a complete dump full of unemployed scumbags trying to mug people ???
How apt.

Their Ultras would piss themselves laughing at the Palace Ultras - mind you everyone over here does already.:laugh:

ultras.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
but rule change may not apply to the prem?

i'm certain that the rules have always prevented a Watford loan scenario in the Premiership. in fact im not sure you would even be allowed to own two clubs in the top tiers in case they meet in European competition.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Isn't Napoli a complete dump full of unemployed scumbags trying to mug people ???
How apt.

I've been to Napoli and Croydon. I know where I'd rather be.

1268589849_pid_naples-italy.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
On the way home I heard on Talk sport that Napoli want to buy Palace.

A few things that spring to mind on this take over are that is Napoli going to be sending a whole squad of loaness over and are they trying to do an Watford. How much would it cost Napoli to purchase Palace.

Is this Loan system still allowed or has the loophole been closed?

They aren't allowed to. The loophole that Watford exploited has been closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here