Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nan.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Reminds me of a bloke I used to work with who loved Alan Partridge because it would have the PC Brigade up in arms....

.....whoosh.

haha, jesus

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Didn't watch it because women aren't funny ! FFS - someone will be telling me Miranda Hart is funny next :eek:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Hardly likely to be the mythical 'PC Brigade' getting offended; more likely to be curtain-twitching, sexually-frustrated, tut-tutting, Daily Mail readers, whose sole purpose in life is to look for things to be offended by, and then go 'Oh but what about the children who might see/hear this sort of thing?' :mad:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I doubt it very much. I'll bet the majority of the complaints were about the swearing at 9.30.

The Independent loved it.

Reminds me of a bloke I used to work with who loved Alan Partridge because it would have the PC Brigade up in arms....

.....whoosh.

Some people live very sad, empty, lives :eek:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Didn't watch it because women aren't funny ! FFS - someone will be telling me Miranda Hart is funny next :eek:

Ah, I surmise that you're not a fan? Thank, God for that, I thought I was the only person in the UK who doesn't find her the least bit funny. She reminds me of Lee Evans; another 'comedian/comedy actor' who has made a career out of pulling stupid faces, falling over a lot and generally behaving like a hyperactive 3 year old, yet has millions of people hailing him as a comic genius. :ohmy:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Thought it was a load of sh*te - wasnt offended by any of it but it just wasnt that funny.

The BBC seem to be getting a knack for making comedy shows that arent actually funny now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ah, I surmise that you're not a fan? Thank, God for that, I thought I was the only person in the UK who doesn't find her the least bit funny. She reminds me of Lee Evans; another 'comedian/comedy actor' who has made a career out of pulling stupid faces, falling over a lot and generally behaving like a hyperactive 3 year old, yet has millions of people hailing him as a comic genius. :ohmy:

The woman has as much comedy talent as Jane McDonald has singing talent - I'd rather chew my left bollock off than watch either of them "entertain" !

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Funny ....just the usual bedwetters and soppy pc treehuggers crying in their ovaltine and getting outraged

Which is what i normally find funny ( The ruder the better ) but in truth it was just a tad crap.

Decent enough idea but got predictable really quickly.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
:thumbsup:

most 70`s sitcom was highly overated

i never got the liver birds and i never gave a toss about whatever happened to the likely lads......Bus W@nkers!

A lot of comedy is of it's time and doesn't stand up well years later. Jim Davidson on the other hand was and is shit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can you send a complaint to OFCOM if you're offended by how SHIT a show is?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Well the fact that shit like TOWIE and Geordie Shore are still on TV ... No.

TOWIE won a Bafta a couple of years back

Give that a minute or two to let that sink in.... TOWIE....won....a...Bafta.

99% of British TV is sheeyte. Sherlock, I think is the exception, and even that's not been truly on song this series.....

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here