Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name The Top Three Living Bands/Musicians You Want To See LIVE Before You Die

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I saw Tom Russell a few years ago in Midhurst, of all places. Great gig! Drive By Truckers are a great live band, although I think there was a bit more light and shade in their performances and songwriting when Jason Isbell was still with them.

Top three artists I'd like to see live:

Leonard Cohen
P J Harvey
Lucinda Williams

Artists I wish I'd seen, but sadly never will:

Warren Zevon
Townes van Zandt
Little Feat (with Lowell George)
Sandy Denny
Muddy Waters
Jeff Buckley
Arthur Lee/Love

I've seen Leonard Cohen & Lucinda Williams. I was lucky enough to see Townes Van Zandt at The Richmond.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Three of the artists I would want to see have/are all playing locally in October. 10cc (welll Graham Goldman + session musicians) were at the Congress Theatre last week, The Feeling played Concord 2 last Friday and I'm off to the De La Warr on 25th October to see Neil Hanlon/Divine Comedy. My cup runneth over.

I saw Lol Creme last year in Trevor Horn's band.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Guns N Roses

Bizarrely, a former member (2006-2014) of Guns N Roses, Ron Thal, was playing at a tiny bar in a village called Arrillas in NW Corfu I visited this Summer. Apparently runs some kind of annual rock school/workshop there :rock:

13692691_10153959110737763_3236396759593801177_n.jpg

13770415_10153959110542763_4777814728471210127_n.jpg

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Slipknot
Empire Of The Sun
Slaves

Thought I'd give this thread a bump, as I got to see the Slaves at the De La Warr in Bexhill last night. So one to knock off my list, and another band to put on.
It was just like the days of punk, songs less than 3 minutes, rammed with people in a sweaty atmosphere, with the 2 members making a noise that would rival 5 or 6 member bands, back in the day!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And sadly today a lot of people are going to have to remove Leonard Cohen from their lists.

I was lucky enough to see him play at the IoW Festival in 1970 - wasn't a great fan of his records at the time, but live he was mesmerising. RIP.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Thought I'd give this thread a bump, as I got to see the Slaves at the De La Warr in Bexhill last night. So one to knock off my list, and another band to put on.
It was just like the days of punk, songs less than 3 minutes, rammed with people in a sweaty atmosphere, with the 2 members making a noise that would rival 5 or 6 member bands, back in the day!

Damn! missed that, great venue, shame it's in Bexhill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here