Name The Top Three Living Bands/Musicians You Want To See LIVE Before You Die

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rolling Stones
Radiohead
Daft Punk

Expect I'll be able to check off Radiohead at Glastonbury.

Saw Radiohead recently and boy are they good. They'll easily conquer Glastonbury on their current form.

Neil Young
Hall and Oates
Can't think of another right now

I have now The Who

...Saw Hall and Oates play, of all places, Crawley Leisure Centre early '90's I think. Hall (or maybe Oates) gazed wistfully around the venue during the gig and uttered '"....25 years in the business, Crawley Leisure Centre eh?..." They were very good I recall.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
OMD
Leonard Cohen
Gary Numan

Gary Numan was brilliant at the Brighton Centre, early 80s, I'm sure I saw him twice but I can't remember if it was the Dome or the Centre.
I've also seen OMD, but that was over 30 years ago, The Dome I think.
Wish I had kept all my ticket stubs now.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Springsteen
The Welcome Wagon
Magazine

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I'd have had them on my list before Glenn Frey passed, but even if they do carry on it wouldn't be anything like the same now in my view.

It'd be like Queen without Freddie, just missing that vital ingredient that makes the whole thing work.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Neil Young, Drive By Truckers, Tom Russell, Gretchen Peters.

I saw Tom Russell a few years ago in Midhurst, of all places. Great gig! Drive By Truckers are a great live band, although I think there was a bit more light and shade in their performances and songwriting when Jason Isbell was still with them.

Top three artists I'd like to see live:

Leonard Cohen
P J Harvey
Lucinda Williams

Artists I wish I'd seen, but sadly never will:

Warren Zevon
Townes van Zandt
Little Feat (with Lowell George)
Sandy Denny
Muddy Waters
Jeff Buckley
Arthur Lee/Love

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Three of the artists I would want to see have/are all playing locally in October. 10cc (welll Graham Goldman + session musicians) were at the Congress Theatre last week, The Feeling played Concord 2 last Friday and I'm off to the De La Warr on 25th October to see Neil Hanlon/Divine Comedy. My cup runneth over.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
ooh good thread, considering i never got to see Bowie or Prince :-(

2. Genesis\Phil Collins

Same :) **** the haters, I think he's ace. Friday morning I'm hoping to bag a ticket to one of his gigs next June.

3.Underworld

I was so close to watching them play live earlier this year but it started tipping down with rain and the festival was cancelled just before they came on stage.

-----------------

My other two choices though would be Stevie Wonder and New Order (they're still going, right?)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My other two choices though would be Stevie Wonder and New Order (they're still going, right?)

New Order played Glastonbury this year, I didn't go but I enjoyed watching them on TV.
Not sure why I have never seen them live, definitely one of my favourite bands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here