Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name any world class players who have played in the Championship/ old Div 1

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Your right I'd forgotten all about him, although I think he played later about 77.
They also had Alan Mullery, Barry Lloyd & Teddy Maybank during that period 75 to 77 and I'm not calling them world class just making a statement.

If it came to an all time world 11 would either Best or Moore get in it, I'm not sure. Best unfortunately never got to prove himself on the world stage, was he world class ? of course he was.

Rodney Marsh scored twice for Fulham alongside Moore and Best in memorable 4-1 win over Hereford which he and Best treated like an exhibition match, he tackles Best at 7.08:

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Rodney Marsh scored twice for Fulham alongside Moore and Best in memorable 4-1 win over Hereford which he and Best treated like an exhibition match, he tackles Best at 7.08:

This was later than 75 as I stated in my earlier post because Best never played in the Cup Final, I wasn't suggesting they never played together.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Alex Stepney was the Manchester United goalkeeper during the season they were in Division 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here