Name an odd fact about yourself

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My name is completely unique, there isn't another one of me anywhere in the World.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That is remarkable. Most adults can't stand the taste of neat whisky, so it is very impressive that you persevered.

Did it lead to a lifetime on the bottle?
It led to a lifetime off it, actually. I only got into whisky about 3 years ago!

And I remember drinking it as a 4 year old to this day - I had been dragged out of bed at 5.30 by a girl (the 4 y/o daughter of a couple who had stayed over that evening). She was thirsty and we went downstairs. A few bottles were out on the dining room table, and I had gone for the dark bottle. I still remember the fumes as I tipped it down by throat.

Helen, for that was her name, shortly decided to knock on my parents bedroom door. When they heard I had "drunk something", they bolted out of bed and found me in a pile of vomit on the carpet at the bottom of the stairs. I was whisked off to hospital and didn't wake up for 3 days. Apparently, my sweat still stank of whisky months later - most noticeably at my first school sportsday. :lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It led to a lifetime off it, actually. I only got into whisky about 3 years ago!

And I remember drinking it as a 4 year old to this day - I had been dragged out of bed at 5.30 by a girl (the 4 y/o daughter of a couple who had stayed over that evening). She was thirsty and we went downstairs. A few bottles were out on the dining room table, and I had gone for the dark bottle. I still remember the fumes as I tipped it down by throat.

Helen, for that was her name, shortly decided to knock on my parents bedroom door. When they heard I had "drunk something", they bolted out of bed and found me in a pile of vomit on the carpet at the bottom of the stairs. I was whisked off to hospital and didn't wake up for 3 days. Apparently, my sweat still stank of whisky months later - most noticeably at my first school sportsday. :lolol:

Not funny really but that is one hell of an anecdote. BRILLIANT! Your folks must have felt guilty leaving out that bottle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not funny really but that is one hell of an anecdote. BRILLIANT! Your folks must have felt guilty leaving out that bottle.
They did, and some of the authorities were particularly unamused at the fact that drink had been left out.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

So, she was thirsty?

What did she end up drinking?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I USED to be able to touch the end of my nose with my tongue. Just tried it and I can't now, my jaw has seized up.

I had visionsof being hugely popular with muff-munchers, but sadly...

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
This has been brilliant, wasted at least 20 minutes at work this afternoon reading these pages.

My Grandad used to own 70% of the Banana plants in the Canary Islands, now he's gone, my uncle runs it all. One day it will be mine.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This has been brilliant, wasted at least 20 minutes at work this afternoon reading these pages.

My Grandad used to own 70% of the Banana plants in the Canary Islands, now he's gone, my uncle runs it all. One day it will be mine.
I own 100% of all the banana plants on Canvey Island

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This morning after months of behind the scenes negociations i have signed a massive business deal.
I now own 70% of all the banana plants on the Canary Islands.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So she wasn't in the kings arms at rotherfield then? Must have a twin sister also called priscilla then with a daughter called Lisa.

It's Lisa Marie who lives in East Sussex, isn't it? Did she invite Priscilla over for NYE?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports