Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mykhaylo Mudryk has no brain!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
100% this. He looked like an absolute world beater at Shakhtar and loads of big clubs were circling for his signature (not just Chelsea). Obviously a good player in there, in a more stable environment of course...
It’s signing from the Dutch league £40m on Gapto looks like a waste to me, he’s alright but not a patch on Pedro

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Well if this were true, doesn't say much about the Chelsea ideologies if RDZ rated the brainless oaf :facepalm:

The last time I heard this phrase was from Big Ron on a champions league night , who was actually steered to “you mean a footballing brain Ron Surely?” which was actually the better outcome in the circumstances

Oh my

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
They were going to be COOKING once they signed him (and Fernandez. And Nkunku. And Caicedo. And Lavia. And Jackson. And Pochettino) as I believe the online CFC community like to call it.

Sadly for the plastics, nobody appears to have remembered to turn the oven on yet.
Yes, another one for the Chelsea conveyor belt that shafts career prospects.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
An initial £35m, a back up forward with a goal every three appearances. Gakpo and Pedro were both great value, in a market where Antony cost £82m, Sancho £73m and Mudryk £89m.

I'm starting to forget about that South American midfield bloke who looked pretty good for us.

......he cost them a pretty penny and my mate who supports Chelsea reckons he's shit.

only kidding

I have no friends who support Chelsea

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'm sure he'd look world class in no time if RDZ was managing him again.

But let's take a step back and think about how this story ended up in the media. Somebody at Chelsea - most likely within their coaching team - went running to them with this quote. A quote that absolutely slates one of their own players and has the potential to wreck his career if it follows him from club to club. Absolutely scummy behaviour that I find shocking even though I've come to associate the word "Chelsea" with "absolutely scummy".

I hope our players are paying attention.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’d take this with a pinch of salt. The ‘source’ could have come from anywhere, and a source that isn’t named should be given a wide berth.

Love the way the Harry Kane bit is just casually thrown in as well. This is just all journalistic fishing at this stage.

The facts are that he was a hot property, Chelsea have failed to get the best out of him and he’s now out of favour on a big wedge and a long contract. That’s the only truth we can take from this.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I’d take this with a pinch of salt. The ‘source’ could have come from anywhere, and a source that isn’t named should be given a wide berth.

Love the way the Harry Kane bit is just casually thrown in as well. This is just all journalistic fishing at this stage.

The facts are that he was a hot property, Chelsea have failed to get the best out of him and he’s now out of favour on a big wedge and a long contract. That’s the only truth we can take from this.
Chelsea have failed to get the best out of nearly everyone they have bought …..

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Chelsea would need to sell him for £50 million, so as not to take a hit on his book value. Plus, he's reportedly on £100,000 a week. He's not going anywhere!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He isn’t the only player on the books at that club and not fulfilling his potential. Surely at some point someone in the hierarchy might look at deeper seated problems than the form of one player….

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I hope he stays and insists he sees out his contract .
This could be another Winston Bogarde situation. Only it might have a multiplier effect bearing in mind how many expensive 8 year contracts they have signed!!

Bamber made the mistake of long term contracts back in the day only then I think they were 10 year contracts!!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’ll be loan after loan after loan. There is no selling him thanks to the absurd contract policy they are using.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Attachments

• IMG_3517.jpeg
    IMG_3517.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 21

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Footballer Insider is running a story today that Mudryk is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and they are looking to offload.

From Wiki: "In the 2021-22 season, Mudryk found more and more space as a starter, especially with the arrival of Roberto De Zerbi at the helm of Shakhtar, who had the reputation of trusting in young players. With his previous managers, failing to bring the best out of Mudryk, De Zerbi decided to recall him from his loan spell and requested a meeting with him. After the meeting, Mudryk developed a new mentality and his manager considered him one of the best young players, adding that "if I don't bring him to a high level, I will consider it a personal defeat".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here