Jul 5, 2003
at home
having seen the Stoke and Wigan game, I would go for:

Shabeen

Watson Hinch Virgo Reid

Knight Hammond Nicholas Harty

Robinson ( recalled NOW) McCammon

Subs: May, Oatway, Harding, Jarrett, El Abd/Mayo

I would give Guy a rest, he is looking tired and is struggling....Kitson will muller him on the floor, and would bring Jarrett/ Molongo in. If they are still at the club, you might as well play them.

I thought Watson looked good when he came on....His cross led to the goal.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
dave the gaffer said:

Shabeen

Watson Hinch Virgo Reid

I would give Guy a rest, he is looking tired and is struggling....Kitson will muller him on the floor, and would bring Jarrett/ Molongo in. If they are still at the club, you might as well play them.

Watson crosses when he came on were quite good. I think it's time for Watson to have a run out in the team and play for a contract.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nice idea. I think I'd swap the full backs though.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
dave the gaffer said:

Shabeen

Watson Hinch Virgo Reid

Watson's crosses when he came on were quite good. I think it's time for Watson to have a run out in the team and play for a contract.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Shabaan

Watto Guy Hinsh Virgs Mayo

Harty Oatway Hammond

Knight McCammon

Subs May, Jonah, Shuggy, Harding, Reid

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: My team against Reading

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
f***ing RIGHT.
Nah, we're scoring goals without him. According to SCR, McCammon was a real thorn in their side - and Virgo scored.

It sounds like our defence needs freshening up though - a hungry Watson might be worth while, as long as he's not up against pace. If Watson can rediscover his form crossing the ball, it'll be like having Darren Currie back.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wilts said:
You could put out 11 conference players against us and you'll still win comfortably. We are CACK.

Well then, next Monday's game is gonna be a right TREAT for the Sky viewers because we're playing like right !!!!!.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Re: My team against Reading

Simster said:

It sounds like our defence needs freshening up though - a hungry Watson

Your probably right as if he doesn't prove he can still do it he will be out of a job soon. I couldn't help but laugh at the phrase "A Hungry Watson" though. The mind boggles.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
We could try something unique on Monday, playing players in position, it might help. Also why are we no longer playing 5-3-2? We go 7 games unbeaten so then we revert to 4-4-2 and starting leaking goals like a water main on Lewes Road.

For what it is worth I would go something along the lines of;

Shabban

Reid
Mayo
Butters
Virgo
Hinsh

Harding
Hammond
Nicolas

Knight
Trolley / Hart

The reason I have Harding in the midfield is I still cannot work out what his best position is.

Peter

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Haha, with Kitson back I thought u had turned the corner but that was a woeful result last night, and you didn't look too clever in the cup game vs Swansea the last time I saw you aswell, very odd and it must be frustrating to be a Reading fan. At least with Brighton we know we're shit and have no money, whilst Reading looked quality at the start of the season.

Bartlett, I texted you last night.

I might be in Bmuff for the game, I have an interview at UBS in the morning but I was thinking about coming down after that. Will you be around to watch down the walkabout or wherever?:wave:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Peter said:
Haha, with Kitson back I thought u had turned the corner but that was a woeful result last night, and you didn't look too clever in the cup game vs Swansea the last time I saw you aswell, very odd and it must be frustrating to be a Reading fan. At least with Brighton we know we're shit and have no money, whilst Reading looked quality at the start of the season.

I might be in Bmuff for the game, I have an interview at UBS in the morning but I was thinking about coming down after that. Will you be around to watch down the walkabout or wherever?:wave:
Will be you in the Sports Cafe our portly ginger haired chum?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We cant recall Robinson during the first month of his loan, the rules of any loan deal prevent it. If his loan spell is up after this weekend then it shouldnt be extended, I think he could have some goals in him and we should have the option of Jake on the bench at least.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
There's no chance of Oatway being dropped. He will start every game until the end of the season, i'm sure of that.

Reading McGhee's quotes in the Argus I think we should expect to see Virgo and McCammon starting against Reading as the front two. Maybe Mayo will replace Harding but I wouldn't expect to see many changes to the team on Monday.

The only other possible change might be Hammond replacing Nicolas. Nicolas hasn't performed well recently and Hammond offers more of an attacking option in midfield. I thought Hammond was doing well when he was in the team around August/September but he got dropped around October time and has only just started to come back into the side.

I don't see any sign of Jarrett being recalled from his exile in the reserves and I reckon Robinson will be loaned out to Aldershot for the rest of the season. There's no way that McGhee is going to play an 18 year old upfront in a relegation battle.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yet another armchair managers team:

Shabaan

Hinsh Butters Mayo

Reid Oatway Hammond Harding

Knight

Virgo McCammon

I don't envy Mark McGhee at all - we had a run of good results which raised expectations, now we are more realistically placed in the middle of the dogged relegation battle.

Godd luck to MM and all the players - we are going to need some to stay up!

:clap2: :ascarf: :clap2:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
why all the call for robinson to be recalled now, he scores a few goals in the conference but he will still not be strong enough for the championship. Let him get his goals down there do pre season building himself up and then next season he will get his chance and i'm sure will take it, but at the moment he is not the right option

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Peter said:

Hello matey - I was at an "offsite" for the last couple of days and got your message when I got back to check that we'd stuffed Rotherham as planned (!). I should be in Bmuff somewhere for the Brighton game... unless I get called up to London again this week but I'm hoping that won't happen...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here