Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Bloody Valentine - MBV

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
2006 would be about right, as I remember they were supposed to be assisting the great man but I think he got a bit stuffy about being too experimental (too experimental FOR FAUST ffs)it ended with Yan (or was it Hammy) receiving a punch fir their troubles.

I really like it as a venue, thank god it isn't at The Haunt.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
2006 would be about right, as I remember they were supposed to be assisting the great man but I think he got a bit stuffy about being too experimental (too experimental FOR FAUST ffs)it ended with Yan (or was it Hammy) receiving a punch fir their troubles.

I really like it as a venue, thank god it isn't at The Haunt.

It was Hamilton who got a punch on the nose - but I also remember Yan being thrown out by the security. The Haunt's awful, really pleased they're not playing there again.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I''m guessing The Haunt must be super cheap to hire because it has absolutely nothing else going for it. And the best part of £4 for a can of lager is just taking the mickey.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yup, awful venue in terms of atmosphere and layout.

I would have to say that Audio is probably worse as a live venue with the stage running lengthwise and the most expensive beer in Brighton. Old market has a tiny pub just around the corner the name of which escapes me but is worth going to as queues in TOM are pretty mental.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I would have to say that Audio is probably worse as a live venue with the stage running lengthwise and the most expensive beer in Brighton. Old market has a tiny pub just around the corner the name of which escapes me but is worth going to as queues in TOM are pretty mental.

Audio's all about where you stand, I gravitate towards the steps by the mixing desk, good view & as good as the sound gets in there. I've got a stupid soft spot for the place as I've seen some absolutely cracking gigs down there.

The pub is The Conqueror I believe. Good tip that.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I went Tuesday and it was jaw-dropping. The sound was brilliant(loud & clear, no real need for the earplugs & no ringing ears the next day) where I was stood and at some points I swear you could actually hear Kevin's vocals!

Far, far better than 2009, just wish I'd got tickets for both nights.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Went both nights - amazing!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
just checked and I have listened to 'Only Tomorrow' 93 times. This doesn't take into account the dozen or so times I have listened to whole album the vinyl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here