Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Bloody Valentine - MBV

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lot of love for MBV - i'll have to get hold of the new album and give it a blast on the way to work later on. They're one of the bands that are still on my 'i will see them before i die' list, but unfortunately not on this tour :(

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
View attachment 39304
Memories ...........!!!

I was at that. That was the first year that mena fiddler promoted it. I went the previous year when the marquee did it for the last time and Bonnie Tyler got canned off stage.

It slashed hard on the saturday, I remember going to see the men they couldnt hang, going back to my tent to get changed, going back into the see the pogues getting soaked again and then spending sunday morning in the launderette washing and drying both sets of clothes.

Yes I didsee Tackhead on the Frifay and yes they were very good. remember being disappointed but new order though, not for the first or the last time either.

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Reading 1989 was good, but earlier that year I had gone to my first Glastonbury (so much more than just a music festival) so I was somewhat underwhelmed. I remember The Sugarcubes being great, being at the front for New Order, really getting into Spacemen 3 and Loop,dancing "Irish jigs" around bonfires to The Pogues, and meeting Miles from The Wonderstuff. Never went back to Reading, but returned to Glastonbury quite a few times, seeing fewer and fewer bands each time, remembering less and less, dancing more and more, and somehow surviving entire weekends without sleep!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
View attachment 39304
Memories ...........!!!

wow, memories indeed, some of those bands I'd forgotten.

I was once teaching a Japanese girl who showed me a photo if the lead signer of Jesus Jones that she'd snapped on the tube one day. This was long after their 15 minutes of fame. I couldn't believe she recognised him.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Three days before pain in my body went,at the front never stopped i still love this band.However new album let"s face it i wanted to love it but it"s crap.Live nowhere near what they were doing it for the money,saying that i still say there my no 1 band and always will be.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's growing on me... but definitely not on a par with Loveless

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It's growing on me... but definitely not on a par with Loveless
I'd say the opening 6 tracks are (minus Is This and Yes), or at least close. Only Tomorrow I can't get enough of. Chord progression/layering on Who Sees You is just awesome.

Must be on my 15th listen now, but I'm still not feeling the new direction of the final 3 tracks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'd say the opening 6 tracks are (minus Is This and Yes), or at least close. Only Tomorrow I can't get enough of. Chord progression/layering on Who Sees You is just awesome.

Must be on my 15th listen now, but I'm still not feeling the new direction of the final 3 tracks.

Agree on Only Tomorrow... but as you say the end of the album is disappointing.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agree on Only Tomorrow... but as you say the end of the album is disappointing.

Would agree with you Kevo its slightly disappointing after such a long wait.

Incidently- how was Kraftwerk? Were you mixing with the clebs?
I know they were playing complete albums but the extra tracks made the set lists looked very inviting.
And changing the subject again I found out the other day that BSP are doing a Hove date at Old market in March which is perfect as on the doorstep.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Would agree with you Kevo its slightly disappointing after such a long wait.

Incidently- how was Kraftwerk? Were you mixing with the clebs?
I know they were playing complete albums but the extra tracks made the set lists looked very inviting.
And changing the subject again I found out the other day that BSP are doing a Hove date at Old market in March which is perfect as on the doorstep.

Kraftwerk were great - though owed a lot to the superb 3D visuals. I went to Autobahn - they didn't play the whole album, it was mainly a 'greatest hits' set. I think there was a lot of overlap in what they played...

Yep, shall be at the Old Market - I remember seeing BSP twice there in 2003!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Kraftwerk were great - though owed a lot to the superb 3D visuals. I went to Autobahn - they didn't play the whole album, it was mainly a 'greatest hits' set. I think there was a lot of overlap in what they played...

I remember them coming on stage with David Leans Great Expectations showing on the screen behind.
Was also there for the famous Hamilton v Faust fist fight a few years later.
Also got tickets for Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms for current tour.
Glad you enjoyed Kratfwerk.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Taste is a funny thing isn't it. I really like the new album but would agree it's no Loveless (Isn't Anything> Loveless > mbv) but for totally the opposite reasons to you guys.

I was a bit dissappointed with the stuff that sounded like it could be off Loveless & really liked the end of the album. Either way I'm really hoping we get a different set in March. I'm hearing that the recent gigs in Japan & Australia finally signalled the end of the Loveless tour and Kevin is rumoured to have said they have played the "noise holocaust" section for the last time. I'm hoping it is replaced by Wonder 2.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I'm fairly sure the last time they played there was the scene of the infamous Faust, fisticuffs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm fairly sure the last time they played there was the scene of the infamous Faust, fisticuffs.

Yes - can't remember what year that was, 2006 or something? BSP didn't actually play themselves that time - just appeared on stage with Faust during one of their songs. But they did two gigs there in 2003 - in June and October I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here