Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Yup. Was surprising to see, I sit at the back of the Holmesdale and it looked packed, but the first 6 or 7 rows were almost empty. A low attendance yesterday, probably due to the results so far. Football fans are very fickle and don't want to spend their money on a losing team. I suspect that now that we've won and (just as importantly) played very well, we'll have a healthier crowd next time.

Definition of plastic if you asked me....

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You want to talk about a long winless run at the end of last season :lol:, think we went 10 without a win. Also we had about a 2 month spell where the injury free players started the match with those returning from injury on the bench.

Time will tell, but will you be on here regardless of the final league positions come may?

I believe our winless run was one game shorter. We had our second best player (Williams) out for 4 months with a broken leg, we had our entire back 4 missing for over a month, Murray (at the time our only decent striker) was injured for weeks at a time after being clattered, etc.

If you haven't banned me by then, I may well be :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A low attendance yesterday, probably due to the results so far. Football fans are very fickle and don't want to spend their money on a losing team. I suspect that now that we've won and (just as importantly) played very well, we'll have a healthier crowd next time.
Oo, same question to you then:
Before I jump all over this, do you agree it's daft of your fellow supporters to call us plastic?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Definition of plastic if you asked me....

I didn't ask you.

But on that point, I don't disagree. Palace - like any club in this divsion - have a number of plastic (Steve Parish: "fickle") fans. We were filling our ground with 25,000 people when United to came to town and we were in the top flight. Now, we're averaging 16,000. Those 9000 "fans" are plastics. It's a shame that their money is just as good as ours.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oo, same question to you then:

You? You've been posting on here since 2005 judging by your join date, so yes I think it's daft if you were to be called a plastic. Are there a substantial number of plastic fans at Brighton? Yes. But there are plastic fans at all clubs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yup. Was surprising to see, I sit at the back of the Holmesdale and it looked packed, but the first 6 or 7 rows were almost empty. A low attendance yesterday, probably due to the results so far. Football fans are very fickle and don't want to spend their money on a losing team. I suspect that now that we've won and (just as importantly) played very well, we'll have a healthier crowd next time.

The reason the attendance was low is easily explained by comparing the home game against Watford , which offered buy one get two free and kids for a quid (in this case anyone under 18 counted as a kid)

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Before I jump all over this, do you agree it's daft of your fellow supporters to call us plastic?

Indeed, the Championship is a great division to be in. You've just gotta hope you hang in there.

Well if we got promoted to the land of milk and honey we would be getting 25,000 ish shameful really that so many stay away for so long while we have mediocre season after mediocre.
I'd be ok with 17,500 at home that's about where we should be I don't really care about the floaters.
When I started going we were a decent championship div 2 side top 10 ish just before Wright and Bright we used to get about 10,000 average and a few more for big games.BHA were getting roughly the same but as we fought for the playoffs our gates rocketed where as yours stagnated and declined , a bit like the way things are going now I suppose but in reversal

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As will you when Williams and Zaha tear the ageing crybaby Bridge a new arsehole

The thing is , Williams and Zaha won't have played against a right back with Champions League/Premier League experience AND 36 England caps and a left back with La Liga experience and 5 caps for Catalonia

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The thing is , Williams and Zaha won't have played against a right back with Champions League/Premier League experience AND 36 England caps and a left back with La Liga experience and 5 caps for Catalonia

Zaha destroyed Rafael and Fabio, both of whom have played 73 combined games for United and have played in the Champions League.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Palace = Joke club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You? You've been posting on here since 2005 judging by your join date, so yes I think it's daft if you were to be called a plastic. Are there a substantial number of plastic fans at Brighton? Yes. But there are plastic fans at all clubs.
No, not me, Brighton as a whole. Quite a few Palace fans here think we are particularly plastic, not just the standard fickle footy fan. It seems you don't agree with them, so no argument from me.

as we fought for the playoffs our gates rocketed where as yours stagnated and declined , a bit like the way things are going now I suppose but in reversal
Sounds like you're in the same boat as Seaside.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Bruno Saltor made 33 appearances in 2 years. Hardly a regular. Lopez had his contract terminated by mutual agreement after playing 13 times in total (mostly as a sub) for Athletic Bilbao last year. That doesn't mean that they are bad players at all, it just means that they weren't featuring for their old teams and so clearly aren't up to La Liga standard (which doesn't mean they can't be good Championship players as the standard is much higher in the Spanish top flight.)

You employ some strange logic, based on that your new 'star' Moritz has been plying his trade At Mersin İdmanyurdu SK in the Turkish 1st division, a team no-one has ever heard of playing football at arguably lower champ/ L1 standard at best, your other new star Bolassie has graced such giants as Bristol City where he was considered shite and couldn't get game, prior to that he was Loaned out to Barnet and Rushden & Diamonds whilst at Plymouth.

So weighing up the pedigree of the nomarks you have signed against the quality and experience we have signed its a no contest I'm afraid. Saltor is already proving himself one of the best attacking fullbacks in this entire division and I don't doubt that Lopez will equally prove himself to be as good.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
As will you when Williams and Zaha tear the ageing crybaby Bridge a new arsehole

Another deluded Nigel, you will be surprised how fast bridge is. He will rip Zaha the first billion pound player a new ass-hole.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Zaha destroyed Rafael and Fabio, both of whom have played 73 combined games for United and have played in the Champions League.

Any Man United fan will tell you that the twins are only good enough for their reserves as born out by the squad Slur Alex put out against you at Old Trafford.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
So you sit on the train which takes just over an hour each day, five times a day, 7 times a week... Do you work as a train driver? Because I don't believe you.

We know you'd only have the opportunity to have sex with your hand anyway.

Another deluded Nigel, you will be surprised how fast bridge is. He will rip Zaha the first billion pound player a new ass-hole.

I know who my money is on. And it isn't Bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here