Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It amuses me that Palace storm up to second bottom in the league and are giving it large on our forum despite us being fourth. You couldn't make it up.

If we were at Christmas, I would agree with you. However we aren't, and yesterday's result accounted for 25% of our season so far.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It is unlikely that you have a higher wage bill. We have a wage bill that is the same size as Leeds'.

Perhaps you could have a word with your lot when they claim we're pissing money about then. Net transfer gain this summer and bottom 8 wage bill. I'm happy with our finances and the players we've acquired within that manageable and sensible wage structure.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thats what you lot are told
Of course we're only going on what we're told, and what the media says. Same as you (unless you are Steve Parish).

But we have no reason not to believe what we've been told, it's not been contradicted by information released by the other clubs. CMS for example, Peterborough's owner said we offered less than other clubs, but once CMS met Gus he only wanted to play for Brighton (he said he was hypnotised). We have been after other players and not been able to afford them. And if Tony wanted to bank roll the playing side, he could say so (until the fair play rules stop that), but that's not what he's doing.

You can hardly deny that we're bringing in a lot more money than you.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I've enjoyed the rivalry with Palace. We need to make the most of the next 2 games against them cos I can see us being 2 leagues higher than them next year. Must get a few quid on Palarse to go down while the bookies are still taking bets 😃 #youreshitandyouknowyouare

If we are shit, we most certainly don't know that we are. And Sheffield Wednesday don't, either, looking at their forum.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Perhaps you could have a word with your lot when they claim we're pissing money about then. Net transfer gain this summer and bottom 8 wage bill. I'm happy with our finances and the players we've acquired within that manageable and sensible wage structure.

They're being silly. You have a very high income for this level (unless those rumours about your expenditure at the Amex are true), and are competing well so far with a lower wage bill than many. You appear to be paying sensible wages and are spending properly.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Why do you crawl through other teams forums? You really need to get laid, square eyes!

The train journey from East Croydon to Eastbourne is quite boring, and takes just over an hour. Unfortunately, having sex on the train is frowned upon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, no, actually. I wasn't assuming it was the reserves, I looked up how many games he had played. He certainly wasn't a reserve at first, but in the last season he most certainly HAS been a reserve player.
So he wasn't part of the new managers plans. He didn't suddenly become shit at football, he's probably better than most in our division.

By "joining us in the top half", I did not mean to imply anything, it was merely stating that I think we'll both be there at the end of the season.
Ok, no problem.
Although I think it would be difficult to argue that you're more established there in this division than we are, considering we have spent the majority of the last three decades there or thereabouts.
Er, no. Given that we're talking about finishing in the top half, I assume that's what you mean by 'more established there in this division'. You're more established in the Championship, but not in the top half, since we finished in the top half last season, and you've finished in the bottom half for 4 seasons in a row.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Could you help me out, and... y'know... actually point out what is unbelievable about it?

do you SERIOUSLY think that you have improved your squad more than we have?

Let me see you've signed:

An unwanted defender from cardiff (by your logic that makes him a reserve, not good enough for this level :faceplam:)
An unwanted winger from bristol city (see above, also they finished 20th last season so he must really be SHIT)
An unwanted midfielder who was a free agent after being rejected by RANGERS and let go by some mid-table turkish side. (in case you didn't know rangers are in the FOURTH division in scotland.)
ANOTHER unwanted defender on a free from ipswich

the only GOOD signing you have made is Goodwillie.

Now, we have signed:

Ex-Manchester United Tomasz Kuszczak (champions league and premier league experience)
Ex-Chelsea, Manchester City Wayne Bridge on loan (see above)
Ex-Valencia Bruno Saltor (Champions league, europa league and la liga experience)
Andrew Crofts from Norwich (Premier league experience)
Dean Hammond from Southampton on loan (captained southampton to TWO successive promotions, described by their fans as 'key' to their promotions)
Andrea Orlandi (Promoted with swansea from the championship)
Stephen Dobbie (Promoted with TWO teams from the championship, proven goalscorer at this level)
David Lopez (over 100 appearances in La Liga and fell out of favour when a new manager came in)

please, please tell me how you have improved your squad more than we have?

Your squad is weaker than it was this time last year, and you know it.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
The train journey from East Croydon to Eastbourne is quite boring, and takes just over an hour. Unfortunately, having sex on the train is frowned upon.

So you sit on the train which takes just over an hour each day, five times a day, 7 times a week... Do you work as a train driver? Because I don't believe you.

We know you'd only have the opportunity to have sex with your hand anyway.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Of course we're only going on what we're told, and what the media says. Same as you (unless you are Steve Parish).

But we have no reason not to believe what we've been told, it's not been contradicted by information released by the other clubs. CMS for example, Peterborough's owner said we offered less than other clubs, but once CMS met Gus he only wanted to play for Brighton (he said he was hypnotised). We have been after other players and not been able to afford them. And if Tony wanted to bank roll the playing side, he could say so (until the fair play rules stop that), but that's not what he's doing.

You can hardly deny that we're bringing in a lot more money than you.

That's where you will get a jump on us when the fair play rules come in to play,although one good season in the Championship is all we need to get the fans back in,IMO we should be averaging about 17,500 instead of 15,000 the gates have defo tailed off a lot the last few years.Releation struggles ,old ground,recession and some of the negative football DF insisted on playing haven't helped.
As I stated on my earlier posts the Championship will do us just fine for a while that's where we are on the playing side and crowd wise.It can change quickly in football
FFS also said the same after meeting DF .

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I disagree that we weren't worse off in the injury department. At the end of last season when we had our long winless run, we were missing at least half of our first team, and pretty much all of our defense. For the last month or so, our back 4 consisted of one centre-back and 3 left-backs, it was a joke.

I also believe that we have improved our squad more than you have. I don't know if our players are better, and neither do you - as you haven't seen ours and I haven't seen yours. All I know is that we are certainly a lot stronger than we were last season. We have a starting XI with at least 6 or 7 new players in it, and they are all (apart from Clyne --> Ward) better than the players that they replaced. Scannell for example has been replaced by Bolasie who has beaten his man far more consistently with a far better end product than Sean had for us so far. We now actually have a real threat up front and going forward. We massively struggled to score goals last season (only yourselves and Ipswich(?) had fewer shots than we did last season, and you actually scored more!) but we haven't failed to score yet this season and we look a far stronger side.

I can't see "the inevitable" because there is nothing inevitable about the horizon at all. Either one of us could have a better season. I think only a fool would be so confident of something like that at this early stage. I would propose that you are the one who is wearing the tinted spectacles, not I.

You want to talk about a long winless run at the end of last season :lol:, think we went 10 without a win. Also we had about a 2 month spell where the injury free players started the match with those returning from injury on the bench.

Time will tell, but will you be on here regardless of the final league positions come may?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Just an observation. I've never seen so many empty seats in the Holsmdale as I saw from the highlights yesterday.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So he wasn't part of the new managers plans. He didn't suddenly become shit at football, he's probably better than most in our division.

I don't disagree. In my first post, I said exactly this.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Zaha is the greatest player to have graced this world, and the world beyond it appears:

There have been accounts that Zaha dives. This is bullshit. If you look at a game, you will see Zaha gliding across the turf like a spirit across a serene lake.

Wilfried-Zaha-1-COS.jpg

This skill, available to a select few; notably Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, Sergio Busquets and of course, Wilfried. What most fans don't see is that they are not diving. There are times when there is contact between Zaha and another player, and these are penalties, often accepted by opposing fans. The contentious "dives" are not so. If one looks through a spectreometer, you can see Zaha being taken out by the beings in the ethereal realm he often inhabits with his succulent ability.

All you :tosser: who say Zaha dives are just BLIND

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
one good season in the Championship is all we need to get the fans back in
Before I jump all over this, do you agree it's daft of your fellow supporters to call us plastic?

As I stated on my earlier posts the Championship will do us just fine for a while that's where we are on the playing side and crowd wise.
Indeed, the Championship is a great division to be in. You've just gotta hope you hang in there.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Just an observation. I've never seen so many empty seats in the Holsmdale as I saw from the highlights yesterday.

Yup. Was surprising to see, I sit at the back of the Holmesdale and it looked packed, but the first 6 or 7 rows were almost empty. A low attendance yesterday, probably due to the results so far. Football fans are very fickle and don't want to spend their money on a losing team. I suspect that now that we've won and (just as importantly) played very well, we'll have a healthier crowd next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here