Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza - the legend grows

Feb 14, 2010
As for CMS, we haven't played to his strengths, but his shortcomings have been exposed at this level.

Do you really believe the first part of that sentence? In my view, football isn't that complicated a game. Some have more talent than others and that is the bottom line, those who have it and those who don't. It was obvious to me the first few times I saw CMS (as it was the regulars who I know who go) that CMS was not half the footballer Murray is. Only at Brighton could we have scouts and a manager who would decide £2 Million on CMS instead of sending some of that money Murray's way instead of letting him go to Palace, a club fresh out of insolvency playing to crowds of 12000 when a well supported side like Cardiff role into town. Murray having more talent than CMS was as obvious as it was that the Albion would have large crowds when on its feet again. I just shake my head at the lack of foresight down the Albion. Really is a shame. This could be a fantastic football club but time and again we shoot ourselves in the foot. Will it ever change? I almost have given up faith that it ever will. What is for sure is that if it is to change then there has to be a change of culture down there. Bloom has put his money in, the fans have turned up in bigger numbers than the likes of Leeds United and it really would be nice if the managers, players and scouts decided to match the Chairman and fans.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As for CMS, we haven't played to his strengths, but his shortcomings have been exposed at this level.

Do you really believe the first part of that sentence? In my view, football isn't that complicated a game. Some have more talent than others and that is the bottom line, those who have it and those who don't. It was obvious to me the first few times I saw CMS (as it was the regulars who I know who go) that CMS was not half the footballer Murray is. Only at Brighton could we have scouts and a manager who would decide £2 Million on CMS instead of sending some of that money Murray's way instead of letting him go to Palace, a club fresh out of insolvency playing to crowds of 12000 when a well supported side like Cardiff role into town. Murray having more talent than CMS was as obvious as it was that the Albion would have large crowds when on its feet again. I just shake my head at the lack of foresight down the Albion. Really is a shame. This could be a fantastic football club but time and again we shoot ourselves in the foot. Will it ever change? I almost have given up faith that it ever will. What is for sure is that if it is to change then there has to be a change of culture down there. Bloom has put his money in, the fans have turned up in bigger numbers than the likes of Leeds United and it really would be nice if the managers, players and scouts decided to match the Chairman and fans.

Aaah well

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You can't blame them; although you have to feel that the lives of those that continually post such stuff on here must be desperately empty and sad.

No not really, especially after watching Albion lose last night. I think a lot of fans must have gone home from that game feeling sadder than I did. And the point is from the article, that Muzza the player has come up the hard way, honed by his years at Albion as well as his time at Selhurst. If he plays for England (and Hodgson was there on Monday night) then Albion can take some credit for it.

Especially for his ability to buy free-kicks or pens by theatrically collapsing...must have learned that down on the coast..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:lolol: he does it again

He's a ****ing sadist isn't he? The **** up in replacing him with CMS keeps coming back to haunt us...from a division above where he wasn't good enough for us. Just need Barnes to score to really round off the weekend.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Apr 2, 2015
FFS Muzza was never going to stay with Brighton, he was destined for the premier league. It's not as if Brighton will ever get there themselves is it ;-)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
looking at palace's team yesterday it is , bar three players , the same team that was promoted from the championship.......they have a settled squad , players that know each other well , they have got a siege mentality , more than a bit of fight in them and a wealth of attacking options.

all things the we don't currently have...........who knows what Blooms criteria is...?? he clearly is not prepared to splash more cash which is fair enough........you have to take your hat off to palace though.....they are doing very well and returning ( apparently) a profit....!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can see him being a target for a few upper echelon clubs in the Premier.
Not the top ones, but the likes of Everton, Stoke, Swansea etc.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I blame Leo Ulloa for threads like this - when we were singing "we won't mention Murray any more", we saw not even the vaguest reference to him on here... did we?

Bring back Leo Ulloa!

What do you mean, "Who?".

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I miss those days when you used to stuff us 3-0 at the Goldstone.

You're shrewd enough to know that football tends to be cyclical, that will come around again but obviously at The Amex, not a tired, out-dated old ground falling to pieces such as The Goldstone was. Don't want back to them times really.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I can see him being a target for a few upper echelon clubs in the Premier.
Not the top ones, but the likes of Everton, Stoke, Swansea etc.

Palace will end the season higher in the league than at least two of those teams and would hope all three to finish 8th. That is the upper echelon of the league , so I would expect him to stay .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
FFS Muzza was never going to stay with Brighton, he was destined for the premier league. It's not as if Brighton will ever get there themselves is it ;-)

Question - Do as many Brighton frequent Palace boards as there are of you on here?

Question - Do as many Brighton frequent Palace boards as there are of you on here?

No.

You register, make one post as a Brighton fan, get banned to the away end, get called a shit eating nonce, poofter scum, drug addled aids infested subhuman then don't bother again.

Classy bunch that lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here