Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Muzza retires

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
One of the most accomplished players we have ever had. Were we to have had a 25 year old Murray in the team last season, we would have been high in the table. I always loved watching him. A true great.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes Glenn was probably the best in the air and the most clinical striker we have ever had, however he can not top my list for because of the one major error on his CV.

Yes, some will say he came back, but was that just for convenience???

I wish him well in retirement and if he does go on to do more media work, I would expect to see a heavy bias towards the Albion when being involved in a Albion v Palace match.
:bhasign:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Enjoy it Glenn, you deserve it. Hope we get the chance to give him a proper send-off at the Amex when the new season starts - he looked so forlorn traipsing round the pitch at the empty City Ground.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Yes Glenn was probably the best in the air and the most clinical striker we have ever had, however he can not top my list for because of the one major error on his CV.

I wish him well in retirement and if he does go on to do more media work, I would expect to see a heavy bias towards the Albion when being involved in a Albion v Palace match.

Grow up.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why? I wished him well and said my true thought, he can not top Ward and Zamora for that reason imo.
I put morals over money, everyday of the week.

There is no drama here, just my opinion.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Timing his run to perfection, out-thinking the defender and knowing instinctively where De Gea was positioned, Murray allowed the ball in from the left to ramp up the outside of his right foot and arc serenely over the keeper's left shoulder.

Cute and cutthroat. Delightful and destructive. Lovely and lethal. Majestic and murderous.

The touch of a craftsman, the shot of a sniper.

Farewell Glenn Murray, the thinking man's striker.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
“ To all the Clubs, Players & Fans that I’ve come across on this life changing journey....THANK YOU from the bottom of my 🖤
It’s been a pleasure, hanging them up 31/05/2021 ✌🏼

Thanks for everything, Glenn. Brilliant for us, brilliant for other clubs. Model pro.

I thought he had already chucked his boots in the bin a few weeks back though ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When we're back, get him down here for a send off

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
“ To all the Clubs, Players & Fans that I’ve come across on this life changing journey....THANK YOU from the bottom of my ��
It’s been a pleasure, hanging them up 31/05/2021 ✌��”

Thanks for everything, Glenn. Brilliant for us, brilliant for other clubs. Model pro.[/Q

double post

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Always one.

But you do it deliberately....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I remember the day we first signed him and the news scrolling through on SSN saying we had just splashed £320k on him and thinking HOW MUCH?

Some of the best money we ever spent back the the day.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One of the main reasons Brighton are in the PL.

One of the final pieces in the jigsaw that changed Brighton from a play off team to a top 2 side. Especially when Baldock was out injured he managed to stay fit.

I also enjoy listening to him as a pundit. He comes across well.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Build that man a statue. Absolute Albion legend and our greatest all round player, when everything is considered IMO. A man whom I didn't have much affinity towards at first, but who grew in my estimations year on year and is now perhaps my favourite player in my almost 30 years of supporting the club. Love you Muzz! :albion2: :bowdown:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I was listening to the R5L coverage of the Championship Play-off. They had Jed Wallace as the guest. He was excellent - miles better than the inane stuff you normally get from many current professionals who crop up on the radio. Anyway, he described Ivan Toney as the best Championship striker in a decade - with the exception of Glenn Murray :)

He was a pretty good Premier League striker, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here