Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muslims against Crusades

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This may provoke a discussion it may not, let's see.

Are the Muslims against Crusades and their anti British stance any worse/better than the BNP/EDL and their pro British stance? Just curious.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
'Provoke debate' hmmm.

I'm just gonna get some pringles and pull up a chair.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
minorities?

Minorities tend to have a big voice though Phil, don't you think? Look at football hooliganism in the dark days, the few spoilt it for the majority. Minorities tend to get more air space?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Worth pointing out the the Muslim Council of Great Britain is again supporting the Poppy Appeal this year - but probably won't get reported.

Nov 9, 2011
This may provoke a discussion it may not, let's see.

Are the Muslims against Crusades and their anti British stance any worse/better than the BNP/EDL and their pro British stance? Just curious.

Muppets on both sides. Burning poppies is f***ing evil but so is the blatant provocation of Islamic culture by British extremist groups.

Personally I wish all these protest groups would do one at this time of year instead of using remembrance day as a means to promote politics of any kind.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Muppets on both sides. Burning poppies is f***ing evil but so is the blatant provocation of Islamic culture by British extremist groups.

Personally I wish all these protest groups would do one at this time of year instead of using remembrance day as a means to promote politics of any kind.

Well said - and the same should be said of Governments and sections of the press too. Appears to have misunderstood as a celebration of military power rather than a remembrance of the dead.

Met a great old soldier on the train tonight, must have come back from some function or other. In his 80s at least and gloriously hammered and chatting up any women he could on the train.

"Had a few too many in the Officers mess" he explained.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Worth pointing out the the Muslim Council of Great Britain is again supporting the Poppy Appeal this year - but probably won't get reported.

In the same way I expect that smaller political movements against right wing extremists don't get their voice heard, they aren't controversial enough?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I love seeing the old boys dressed up with their medals, what makes me proud about what this country was.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I love seeing the old boys dressed up with their medals, what makes me proud about what this country was.

Got talking to another old boy a few weeks ago in Chiswick on the bus. Showed me the hole on the side of head where he had taken a bulletand was left for dead. Remarkable story, quite well illustrated by the bullet sized scar.

Him and mate were bored and signed up "to take the Kings Shilling". Few months later his mate was dead and he should have been.

Struggled for years to get a proper pension, even though his injury severely limited what he could do as job.

It was an absolute honour to meet him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really struggle to understand how anyone can live in a country and be so violently disagreeable to certain enshrined cultural beliefs and traditions where they chose to live.

A good example is if say I decided to live in France and did not agree with a certain national celebration like Bastille Day then perhaps I would not participate however no way would I protest violently against it.

I really don't understand this

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Because allegedly the money raised by the poppy appeal is funding the 'war against muslims' according to this specific group. We all know it is raised for charitable reasons but it doesn't make radicals out of the muslim kids.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Both groups should be put in a room and left to fight it out while the grown ups are talking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here