Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music performances that bring a tear to your eye.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Songs make me well up quite a few times, but specifically a couple:

Brian Wilson (when he still had some semblance of a voice) singing ‘Warmth of the sun’ in 2002 at the Brighton Centre

The Shadows’ ‘Wonderful Land’ : was my dad’s funeral song

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Universal, Blur.

When they performed this at Glastonbury when they first got back together around 10-15 tears ago it brought tears to most of the crowd (which were mostly bellowing out the chorus) and Damon himself. A magical and emotional moment.
Yes that was a powerful image watching him cry after that performance

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know it won't be most peoples idea of a song that brings tears but have to say nothing comes close for me.

The guitarist, Tom Searle, who was a founding member of the band had cancer for a while and this is a song about him living with the cancer diagnosis and the hopelessness of it all. His dream was to headline Alexandra Palace.

Unfortunately he passed away from cancer in 2016 at age 28.

After his passing the band managed to play Alexandra Palace, the person speaking at 02:13 is his brother Dan who is the drummer for the band. The parts after that speech with Sam breaking down whilst singing are heartbreaking but it's one of the best performances I've ever seen, luckily I was there to see it. RIP Tom and f*** cancer.

I’ve watched that before. Amazing from Dan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Songs make me well up quite a few times, but specifically a couple:

Brian Wilson (when he still had some semblance of a voice) singing ‘Warmth of the sun’ in 2002 at the Brighton Centre

The Shadows’ ‘Wonderful Land’ : was my dad’s funeral song
Wonderful Land is probably my favourite instrumental, fabulous and one of the first tracks that really grabbed me as a very young kid.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Wonderful Land is probably my favourite instrumental, fabulous and one of the first tracks that really grabbed me as a very young kid.
It was my dad’s favourite song, and the only 45 he ever kept as he moved through the years through cassettes, cd, mp3…
Best selling instrumental ever and arguably the best instrumental ever, period.
And now it’s hanging on the wall in my home in his memory, with his initials in the inner groove that he etched in 1962.

IMG_9453.jpeg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If only I knew how to add a video to my answer, maybe someone can do it for me. My choice is Bonnie Raitt's "I can't make you love me". It always hurts to hear the lyrics about a one- side love relationship.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
They’re such a strong unit, friends when not playing/creating.
They're also good friends with other bands in the area.

The tattoo artist who did my work used to see Sam a lot with other local groups, Ben from Royal Blood and members of Black Peaks being some of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here