Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music performances that bring a tear to your eye.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Was never a particular fan of Linkin Park, or the genre, but this tribute to lead singer Chester Bennington’s close friend Chris Cornell always struck me as profoundly emotionally charged. Shortly after, Bennington himself took his own life, on the anniversary of Cornell’s death.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Was never a particular fan of Linkin Park, or the genre, but this tribute to lead singer Chester Bennington’s close friend Chris Cornell always struck me as profoundly emotionally charged. Shortly after, Bennington himself took his own life, on the anniversary of Cornell’s death.

Lovely song, never heard that before

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Ray dedicated this to Kinks bassist Pete Quaife who had died only 4 days earlier. The emotion is as raw as it gets. He is visibly struggling at the beginning, but by the end its a powerful tribute. Something about a massed choir of human voices that just reaches through your chest and grabs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Universal, Blur.

When they performed this at Glastonbury when they first got back together around 10-15 tears ago it brought tears to most of the crowd (which were mostly bellowing out the chorus) and Damon himself. A magical and emotional moment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here’s the performance. This still makes me well up. From memory during the pause in the song Albarn went to the back of the stage and crouched down and sobbed a bit. I think you see him walking back to the front of the stage after this at the 3:00 mark.

A true magical Glastonbury moment.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This tune is an undisputed Lovers Rock classic. This was sadly Jean Adebambo's last performance before she left us too early. It was also her first live performance in 18 years, after she returned to working as a Nurse.
Thanks for the memories Jean. RIP.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I know it won't be most peoples idea of a song that brings tears but have to say nothing comes close for me.

The guitarist, Tom Searle, who was a founding member of the band had cancer for a while and this is a song about him living with the cancer diagnosis and the hopelessness of it all. His dream was to headline Alexandra Palace.

Unfortunately he passed away from cancer in 2016 at age 28.

After his passing the band managed to play Alexandra Palace, the person speaking at 02:13 is his brother Dan who is the drummer for the band. The parts after that speech with Sam breaking down whilst singing are heartbreaking but it's one of the best performances I've ever seen, luckily I was there to see it. RIP Tom and f*** cancer.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I know it won't be most peoples idea of a song that brings tears but have to say nothing comes close for me.

The guitarist, Tom Searle, who was a founding member of the band had cancer for a while and this is a song about him living with the cancer diagnosis and the hopelessness of it all. His dream was to headline Alexandra Palace.

Unfortunately he passed away from cancer in 2016 at age 28.

After his passing the band managed to play Alexandra Palace, the person speaking at 02:13 is his brother Dan who is the drummer for the band. The parts after that speech with Sam breaking down whilst singing are heartbreaking but it's one of the best performances I've ever seen, luckily I was there to see it. RIP Tom and f*** cancer.

Ah f*** I watched it again whilst posting this and now I'm tearing up

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't think I've ever felt emotional about a pop song before but these two do it for me every time

The Count's "Perdono Contessa". That pause before "Piu docile io sono ..." gets me every time

And the final scene of La Boheme, when Rodolfo says "Vedi, e tranquilla" before he realises the truth. Gets me every time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here